Default It's 52....

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:32:27 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:35:53 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

It's only in the 20's here and supposedly will get up to 41.

My oldest son was sailing in Annapolis this weekend. Can't be that
bad.

Is he at the academy?

No, I couldn't get either of my sons interested in attending one of
the service academies even though I promised them each a new Corvette
if they graduated and received their commission. It actually would
have been a good deal for me but they saw right through it and I ended
up spending a lot more than that on tuition. My oldest however does
have his name on a trophy at the naval academy sailing center for his
accomplishments elsewhere. It would be tempting to call him a chip
off the old block but in sailing circles these days I'm more often
known as "Peter's Dad".

wrote:

It's only in the 20's here and supposedly will get up to 41.

My oldest son was sailing in Annapolis this weekend. Can't be that
bad.

Is he at the academy?

No, I couldn't get either of my sons interested in attending one of
the service academies even though I promised them each a new Corvette
if they graduated and received their commission. It actually would
have been a good deal for me but they saw right through it and I ended
up spending a lot more than that on tuition. My oldest however does
have his name on a trophy at the naval academy sailing center for his
accomplishments elsewhere. It would be tempting to call him a chip
off the old block but in sailing circles these days I'm more often
known as "Peter's Dad".

That's a shame. They'd have gotten a hell of an education for a five year
commitment. Most academy grads get their masters, paid for by the military,
also.