Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default a viable boating related business?

Something I noticed at West End in the Bahamas is that it is a
beautiful resort and there are serious mega-sportsfishermen there
whose fishing rigs cost more than my boat is worth. In fact, the
place is filled with em. However, the "resort" does not provide them
anything in the way of supplies, no ice, beer only by single bottles
or cans, no dry ice, no bait, no gear, no sandwiches to go, no
availability of emergency boat parts and no place for fishermen to
simply sit and BS unless they sit in the fancy restaurant.
There are adjacent canals with almost no other buildings but property
for sale.
So, why not a small place catering to fishermen selling beer by the
case (Kalik of course), ice, leaders, fishing "stuff", bait,
sandwiches, hats, etc. However, the best would be a service to have
parts delivered from Freeport (belts, filters, gaskets, etc). Seems
like a "no-brainer" to me so there are probably local regs forbidding
it. If not, somebody needs to do it.