Tim Tim is offline

Default Time to park the boats.

Well, the weather is going to be good for boating for a while yet, but
my favorite sposts are getting too low due to lack of rain. Carlyle
lake is river fed and it's dropped considerably. I took the small boat
out this past weekend for a run and I noticed there wasn't the usual
activity out there. and there was a reason for it. Out in the main it
was fine, but easing toward the east shore i felt the prop hit the
bottom. raised the trim up a little and puttered my way out of there.

When high, the Wabash river is good for a 200 mi. river run, but it's
so low that last week when I went to Vincennes and crossed the river
the water level was so low that you could wade across it with no
problem. Id say the level is down a good 10-12 feet. There were
sunken logs in the main part of the river with tree branches sticking
up. Not a good place to be coming though day or night.

So... I figure it's time to pack 'em up and head for home. besides
while the weather is nice and will still have highs in the 80's, it'll
be a good time to outfit the Marquis the way i want it and check a
bunch of stuff over for next springs Ohio river cruise. May as well
get it done now for the future.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:32:18 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

yeah, probably the last weekend here. rain tonight..usually we headed
for the shore on thursday...but the rain stopped that. head there
tomorrow for 1 more weekend...

damn it was a GREAT summer! thanks for your help, tim...

wrote:

[...]

I'm going fishing...in November...in Florida. :)

--
I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

My pleasure, buddy. Out of curiosity, do you have your boat hauled
out and park it ont he hard for the winter ? or leave it slipped and
floating?

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

My pleasure, buddy. Out of curiosity, do you have your boat hauled
out and park it ont he hard for the winter ? or leave it slipped and
floating?

i have it hauled...do the winterizing myself...next spring (cant come
fast enough!) i'll replace the water pump impeller, strip and paint
the bottom and get it ready for another season

but the water here gets a hard freeze unfortunately

[...]

Yup, it's getting that time of year. I'm really not in to November trolling, so
I'll probably be doing the winterizing and shrink wrap bit pretty soon.

I'm still waiting for Harry to disclose his $8 a foot shrinkwrap guy!
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On 10/14/10 9:19 PM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:32:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Next time you're driving down Route 4 towards Solomons, look for his
signs. That's all the help you'll get from me. Anyone else in this area
who wants the shrinkwrapper's name, just email me.

--
I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Wow, that is SO impressive! I'll bet you'll be the only one in the world
fishing in November. That is just fantastic.

In article ,
says...

On 10/14/10 9:19 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

What a nasty fat prick you are spoofer!

"Secular Humoresque" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Well, what does Harry owe Johnny......................?
Don't forget, Johnny stuck up his nose and sneered when Harry invited him
out for a cruise a while back.