Default More Utah Pics...Arches National Park

Our first stop in Utah was at Arches National Park, just north of Moab, UT. I
couldn't stand going by the place without a quick stop to see what we were
looking forward to. Besides, since my wife had set the alarm two hours earlier
than we thought, 4:00 instead of 6:00, we arrived a few hours earlier than
planned.

The first stop in the park was at the La Sal Mountains viewpoint. What an
introduction to Arches NP. The La Sal Mountains are in the distance to the left.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ionalPark8.jpg

Next on the itinerary was a stop at Courthouse Towers:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...psArchesNP.jpg

The 'Three Gossips' is the formation just right of center with the three small
'heads'. They don't appear to be gossiping, until one sees this view:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...sArchesNP3.jpg

A little further down the main road in the park brings one to the Petrified
Dunes overlook, another great view.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...onalPark79.jpg

The Delicate Arch is found on all the Utah license plates, and seems to be the
state symbol. This picture was taken from the lower viewpoint. Next time I'll
take the two-mile walk to the arch itself.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...hArchesNP2.jpg

The North and South Windows are a big attraction. Very photogenic.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...rthWindow4.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...uthWindow3.jpg

Some of my favorites:

Pine Tree Arch:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...hArchesNP3.jpg

Fins in the Devil's Playground:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nArchesNP1.jpg

The Balance Rock of Arches NP.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckArchesNP.jpg

Skyline Arch (A big favorite, mostly because of the Utah Juniper in the
foreground):
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nalPark113.jpg

One of the most graceful arches, Landscape Arch:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...hArchesNP6.jpg

Typical roadside view in that neck of the woods.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...rkArrival3.jpg

Next time - some pics of the Fiery Furnace.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article ,
says...

[...]

Wow, the stalkers must be so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Love
the camper too, looks like the ones we are looking at. Not so pretty
with the lines but real functional... Also looking at class b's...

--
OH, I could do the 105 footer, but I would hate to waste the last few
seconds of my life with my eyes closed, screaming like a little

On 10/3/10 12:29 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

Wow, the stalkers must be so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Love
the camper too, looks like the ones we are looking at. Not so pretty
with the lines but real functional... Also looking at class b's...

I'm sure there are many posters who have been to Utah and have seen the
same sorts of sights Herring saw. Weren't you the one who said you
hadn't been on a real vacation in 10 years? Well, I suspect there are
very few posters here who could make that claim.

Hey, if you get a camper, you can lock the motorbike inside it...and
give your kitchen back to your wife!

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

On Oct 3, 12:38*pm, Secular Humoresque wrote:
On 10/3/10 12:29 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

Wow, the stalkers must be so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Love
the camper too, looks like the ones we are looking at. Not so pretty
with the lines but real functional... Also looking at class b's...

I'm sure there are many posters who have been to Utah and have seen the
same sorts of sights Herring saw. Weren't you the one who said you
hadn't been on a real vacation in 10 years? Well, I suspect there are
very few posters here who could make that claim.

Hey, if you get a camper, you can lock the motorbike inside it...and
give your kitchen back to your wife!

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

NO job = NO holiday.

Ingersoil will never leave his Daddys house...ever. He has to " leach
" off his Wife, JUST to survive.

Secular Humoresque wrote:
On 10/3/10 12:29 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

Wow, the stalkers must be so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Love
the camper too, looks like the ones we are looking at. Not so pretty
with the lines but real functional... Also looking at class b's...

I'm sure there are many posters who have been to Utah and have seen
the same sorts of sights Herring saw. Weren't you the one who said you
hadn't been on a real vacation in 10 years? Well, I suspect there are
very few posters here who could make that claim.

Other than Don, of course. He's been babysitting since retirement.

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:29:30 -0400, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Our first stop in Utah was at Arches National Park, just north of Moab, UT. I
couldn't stand going by the place without a quick stop to see what we were
looking forward to. Besides, since my wife had set the alarm two hours earlier
than we thought, 4:00 instead of 6:00, we arrived a few hours earlier than
planned.

snipped
Next time - some pics of the Fiery Furnace.

Wow, the stalkers must be so jealous. Glad you had a great time. Love
the camper too, looks like the ones we are looking at. Not so pretty
with the lines but real functional... Also looking at class b's...

We've been very happy with this one. I think it's well constructed, and the
suspension system is the same as used on much bigger and heavier trailers.

We've toyed with the idea of something like this:
http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/g...rhome-2008.jpg

But, I like the idea of towing something with a pickup that I can use for
something besides towing a trailer. With the Class B, I'd have a lot of money
tied up in something with only one purpose. That's my line on that. (But, if
Eisboch had given me a deal back when, I'd probably own one right now.) I
definitely like the Mercedes Sprinter chassis, with the diesel. Lots of power.
The new ones have a six-cylinder.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:29:30 -0400, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Yeah, that is the class b type I am talking about as we could still use
it for an everyday vehicle too. One of the other options I am seriously
considering is trading in my Jeep for a Pickup truck, and then get a
slide in camper for it. Of course we still have the issue of the bikes,
and like I said before, I don't want a toy hauler... I don't sleep with
bikes

On 10/3/10 7:09 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

Yeah, that is the class b type I am talking about as we could still use
it for an everyday vehicle too. One of the other options I am seriously
considering is trading in my Jeep for a Pickup truck, and then get a
slide in camper for it. Of course we still have the issue of the bikes,
and like I said before, I don't want a toy hauler... I don't sleep with
bikes

We know who you sleep with...

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

On Oct 3, 7:09*pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:29:30 -0400, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/g...nter-legend-cl...

[...]

Wow...graduating from a Tent, to taking the little girls into the "
slide-in camper ".

Ingersoil will call it " The Greasy Pig " named after himself.

On Oct 3, 7:09*pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:29:30 -0400, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

A pickup is what I'm quickly becoming in the market for. I'm liking
the Chevy 2500 HD diesel more and more, even if Obama does own it.
But, the damn things are expensive!

Some Utah Pics Tim General 13 October 3rd 10 08:00 AM
If you boat or recreate in a national park........ [email protected] General 0 February 15th 06 08:29 PM
If you boat in or near a national park........ [email protected] General 3 August 27th 05 12:14 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM