Default Another oil rig explodes in the Gulf

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:24:08 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

This may actually be an example of the system working.
If the reports are right there were no fatalities and no oil was
spilled. That is better than the normal drive time experience in your
major city. Oil rig worker is a safer job than cab driver

There's a mile-long slick, according the news. An explosion is the "system
working"???

"Secular Humanist" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

So do you think that instead we should buy all of our oil from the
middle east? You are a moron.

Do you think there's a difference? Oil is on the world market bozo.

wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

This may actually be an example of the system working.
If the reports are right there were no fatalities and no oil was
spilled. That is better than the normal drive time experience in your
major city. Oil rig worker is a safer job than cab driver

I have been on rigs in that area. IIRC, I would guess the water to be no
more than 200' deep, which doesn't compare to the 10,000 or so for the other
one. They can get a floater in there REAL QUICK to do some remediation like
drilling and placing a plug.

When I worked on rigs from '74 to '80, there were several fires and
capsizings and collapses. It was common. Also common was dumping cuttings
overboard which resulted in a sheen for miles, but back then, the tree
huggers hadn't gotten out that far, or got to be so strong.

Glad to see the system worked pretty well, and happy that all the men are
safe. That's the main thing.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery

wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

This may actually be an example of the system working.
If the reports are right there were no fatalities and no oil was
spilled. That is better than the normal drive time experience in your
major city. Oil rig worker is a safer job than cab driver

There's a mile-long slick, according the news. An explosion is the
"system working"???

Just because there's oil on the water doesn't mean it came from
the well. I'm sure they have diesel generators on the rig and you
need to store the fuel. The explosion could have blown that up.

wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

[...]

So, dumping crap in the ocean is fine with you. Sheesh.

Fires, explosions, people having to be rescued... if that's a system that
works, I'd hate to be around a system that didn't.

"Jordon" wrote in message

wrote:

"Jordon" wrote in message

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2

Drill baby drill
Burn baby burn
Lie baby lie

This may actually be an example of the system working.
If the reports are right there were no fatalities and no oil was
spilled. That is better than the normal drive time experience in your
major city. Oil rig worker is a safer job than cab driver

There's a mile-long slick, according the news. An explosion is the
"system working"???

Just because there's oil on the water doesn't mean it came from
the well. I'm sure they have diesel generators on the rig and you
need to store the fuel. The explosion could have blown that up.

I agree that it may not have come from the well. Seems like a distinction
without a difference. Oil in the water is still oil in the water. If there
was an explosion, then there was a big problem, and the system did not, in
fact, work.

In article ,
says...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/rescue-efforts-underway-after-oil-rig-accident-in-gulf/?hpt=T2