Tim Tim is offline

Default sweet boat ride at dusk

On Aug 24, 6:31*pm, Larry wrote:
bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:28:30 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 23, 10:04 pm, *wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:00:10 -0400,
wrote:

boating is a great experience...always something new, but always a
wonderful time.

How far is that from Pennsburg?

110 miles...about a 2 hour drive through the NJ back woods

You keep your boat that far away?

that's where they keep the ocean.

Glad you had a blast Bob. When I could I used to go over to the Lake
and especially friday evening when the days were really long, and
cruise around slow. *when I had my old 27 ft'r it was more fun
blubbering through the coves at about walking speed if that fast.

Crossing the lake on a good moon was cool too. dim the dash lights sit
up on the top of the cabin and let it talk. *Kill the engine out in
the middle of the lake and just listen to the small waves lap the side
of the hull and watch the stars...

gotta say...not a time goes by that, after i start the engine and
engage the throttle that i dont issue a silent thanks to the starter
wizard in indiana...

alot of the enjoyment i've had this summer is due to your help...

He's in IL.

Well, that's close enough, I AM just 50 mi from the Indiana border
though...

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:19:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Aug 24, 4:29*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:28:30 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Crossing the lake on a good moon was cool too. dim the dash lights sit
up on the top of the cabin and let it talk. *Kill the engine out in
the middle of the lake and just listen to the small waves lap the side
of the hull and watch the stars...

gotta say...not a time goes by that, after i start the engine and
engage the throttle that i dont issue a silent thanks to the starter
wizard in indiana...

alot of the enjoyment i've had this summer is due to your help...

gotta love it!

It was my pleasure, my friend. BTW, this isn't my pic but this is what
I used to have. Man was it a blast until the wood hull started to de-
laminate, and I couldn't keep up with it, a few years ago I salvaged
what I could out of it before it totally cratered.

http://ads.boatboss.com/97_Lafayette...er_27_ft_.html

beautiful boat. chris craft used to make wonderful products....still
see wooden boats at the marina. they're a maintenance nightmare but
great boats!

It was so much fun to take it out in the evening when the sun was
going down and there was that nice yellowish-red hugh in the sky and
almost no breese. Shut the thing off out int he middle of the lake,
turn on the anchor lights and go swimming. Then later, just lay on top
of the cabin with the local college jazz station on the radio, sip
some peach brandy and eventually sack out in a sleeping bag...

I wish mine was on good shape and I wish I had it back

Man, what a blast!

yeah amazing what memories you can make on a boat

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:20:40 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I thought you lived over by St Louis.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

90 mi due east of St. L and 50 mi from Indiana, John. A little over
3/4 across the state headed east on Route 50.

Scary boat ride... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 27 July 12th 08 02:07 AM
A Super Boat Ride... John H. General 86 April 17th 08 12:46 PM
Looking for Photo of Schooner in Dusk/Evening with Lights DH1 Tall Ships 2 February 18th 08 10:17 PM
A Sweet Ride HK General 35 September 4th 07 12:19 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM