Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Way too much fun...

....at Solomon's Island, MD, where the US Navy has a recreation center open to
military and guests. We took some friends along for the weekend and had a super
time. My wife towed the boat down with her Highlander, and did quite well. The
Highlander does a decent job of towing the boat, but we kept the speed down to
50 or less the whole way.

Saturday AM, Larry and I went fishing in the Patuxent using bloodworms
(expensive) and squid (cheap). Larry got the first hit on squid, while I tried
the bloodworms. After his third or fourth hit, I switched to the cheap squid
also. We ended up with 20-25 croaker of edible size in about two hours, so we
were happy campers. Here's Larry dragging them in two at a time

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...htheHanes9.jpg

Of course we caught our share of the ugliest fish known, to me anyway. We caught
about five of these buggers:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...htheHanes5.jpg

That evening we took a tour of the harbor, which was a great way to end the day.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...theHanes22.jpg

Got home Sunday afternoon, put everything away, and got ready to out again
Monday - play day on the Potomac. My younger daughter and her kids were itching
to see and use the new tube, so we went to our favorite little beach. Saying we
had it all to ourselves would not be a lie!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...thRyan2007.jpg

The kids voted on Belmont Bay versus Lake Anna, and Belmont Bay won. I taught
younger daughter a little about boat operation, and she obviously got a big
charge out of it!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...thRyan2004.jpg

Don't know why the kids love this place so much. Must be because they can go
exploring in Mason Neck Park.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...thRyan2009.jpg

Today I got a little break. Won't have the boat back in the water for at least a
few days. Gives me time to get the wheel bearings repacked.

Y'all take care.

Oh, I forgot to mention the splendidly lovely ketch we saw floating in the
Patuxent. Just simply oh so gorgeous, if I don't say so myself.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...heHanes1-1.jpg

--

John H

Fun, fun, fun HK General 0 June 11th 09 08:51 PM
Y'all have fun... Del Cecchi General 0 January 6th 06 02:16 AM
Y'all have fun... Reggie Smithers General 0 December 31st 05 02:02 PM