Default Ahhhhh...that private sector honesty....

US contractor investigated for overcharging

By BRETT J. BLACKLEDGE and RICHARD LARDNER
The Associated Press
Saturday, August 14, 2010; 1:18 PM

WASHINGTON -- Federal prosecutors are investigating whether a U.S.
contractor managing more than $1 billion in reconstruction contracts in
Afghanistan overcharged the government.

Prosecutors acknowledged in a court filing last week that their criminal
and civil investigations focus on allegations that the Louis Berger
Group submitted inflated invoices to the U.S. Agency for International
Development, which oversees international development projects.

The revelation came in court filings related to a Louis Berger
executive's federal lawsuit attempting to block efforts to keep his
stock holdings in escrow while the investigations continue. Louis
Berger, based in Morristown, N.J., is a major player in U.S.-funded
reconstruction projects in Iraq and Afghanistan.

- - -

The real question is, are there *any* honest contractors?

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID

On 8/14/2010 6:53 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:39:40 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

There is nothing wrong with government....only the people who plot and
scheme to screw it. Watch those who criticize it the most. They
don't want it policed.

You have never worked in a government have you?

--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

On 8/15/10 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Governments survive by confiscating, by the force of law, money from
their citizens.

Oooooohhh...Bertie's been to one of them there teabaggin' parties...

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his own ID.

On Aug 15, 7:25*am, Harry wrote:
On 8/15/10 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Oooooohhh...Krausie's been to one of Pelosies schools of propaganda.
Only problem is he himself believes it!

"Harry" wrote in message
m...
On 8/15/10 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Did I tell you? I rode my bicycle past two of those rallies. Needless to
say, I kept my mouth shut.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his own ID.

On Aug 15, 7:25*am, Harry wrote:
On 8/15/10 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Never been to one of them Tea Parties. They are a bit too liberal for me.

On 8/15/10 8:44 AM, BAR wrote:
On Aug 15, 7:25 am, wrote:
On 8/15/10 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Not enough hate there for you, eh? Well, you could always hook up with
one of those Montana militia moron groups or the Constitution Party.
Plenty of *real* conservatives among those boys.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:24:42 -0400, BAR wrote:

Governments survive by confiscating, by the force of law, money from
their citizens.

you use the internet. it has some FCC regulation

are you willing to shut down your computer to protest?

ever use an ambulance? fire dept? rely on soliders to protect you?

On 8/15/10 3:41 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:24:42 -0400, wrote:

Governments survive by confiscating, by the force of law, money from
their citizens.

you use the internet. it has some FCC regulation

are you willing to shut down your computer to protest?

ever use an ambulance? fire dept? rely on soliders to protect you?

Bertie's employer is a government contractor.