BoatBanter.com

-   -   Alum. Boat??? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1171-alum-boat.html)

Gwardy September 17th 03 03:57 PM

Alum. Boat???

My grandmother has this old fishing boat (rowboat). It says Aero-Line
on the side, it is rated to cary a maximum weight of 661lbs. Has a OBC
rating of 15HP. The seats need refinished as they are wood, and it
needs new ores. It is 141" long.

My aunt would like to buy the boat from my Grandmother but no one
knows what a fair price would be...lol Anyone have an idea?

I tried to look up the model on the net, but had no luck in finding
it. I guess it was not made past the 60's...no clue on the age, just
that they have had it for at least 28 years (my life), and a lot
longer then that as far as I know.

Any help would be great....

~Gwardy

Bill Kiene September 17th 03 04:12 PM

Alum. Boat???

Gwardy,

Basically you have an old 12' aluminum boat.

I will guess it is worth $100 to $500 if it is just the hull.

I think a new 12' aluminum hull is $1000 to $2000 depending on the
manufacturer.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

om...

Del Cecchi September 17th 03 07:46 PM

Alum. Boat???

In article ,
(Gwardy) writes:
| My grandmother has this old fishing boat (rowboat). It says Aero-Line
| on the side, it is rated to cary a maximum weight of 661lbs. Has a OBC
| rating of 15HP. The seats need refinished as they are wood, and it
| needs new ores. It is 141" long.
|
| My aunt would like to buy the boat from my Grandmother but no one
| knows what a fair price would be...lol Anyone have an idea?
|
| I tried to look up the model on the net, but had no luck in finding
| it. I guess it was not made past the 60's...no clue on the age, just
| that they have had it for at least 28 years (my life), and a lot
| longer then that as far as I know.
|
| Any help would be great....
|
| ~Gwardy

Here in minnesota they (boats similar to this) go for USD 100 to 200 or so.

--

Del Cecchi

Personal Opinions Only

Tony Thomas September 17th 03 11:52 PM

Alum. Boat???

I would say $300 would be a fair price.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

om...

Dan Krueger September 18th 03 12:47 AM

Alum. Boat???

$700-$800 will buy a new one. Use that as a guide. My guess from your
description is about $300.00.

Dan