BoatBanter.com

-   -   Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/116975-re-greed-why-there-no-hiring-corporate-greed.html)

Harry @ news.east.earthlink.net August 10th 10 01:24 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On 8/10/10 7:51 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:32:44 -0400, wrote:

the finacial sector went up to 40% of GDP in
2007 and added NOTHING to ameirca

The financial sector will have to add a whole lot more to the GDP if
the boomers actually want to retire.
Where do you think pension money comes from?
Retirement is money making money.

Amen brother.

I actually believe the "greatest generation" will be the last ones to
actually complete retirement and not outlive their money simply
because the boomers covered them with our 401k and FICA money.
There are not enough kids behind us to support 75-80 million boomers
on a pension.

Amen brother.

Sure there is. We simply have to re-order our priorities. For starters,
we can cut the military budget in half as soon as employment picks up.
That would represent a savings of what, at least $400 billion dollars?

Harry @ news.east.earthlink.net August 10th 10 01:51 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On 8/10/10 12:42 AM, YukonBound wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Colonel Kurtz wrote:
On 9-Aug-2010, Jim wrote:

Your kids still can't read, write or think. Do you seriously "think"
federal interference will make anyone more competent? It's not
apparent
the
way you assholes vote.
Only dope parents produce kids who end up dopes after a public school
education.
Education costs could be cut in half and we'd still have the same
number
of dopes. No more, no less.
Hey. You the guy who bemoans folks buying non-American tools?
And then suggests a couple right-wing free-traders should run the
country and make it even more impossible to find American made tools?
I take it back about parents.
Won't blame your parents.
Some dopes just turn out dopes no matter what.
And I just bought a 5" Rigid orbital sander.
Good old American name there. Made in China.

So you're a subversive, you have millions of comrades. Bring it home
in your
Toyota??

**** off Krueger.
Go bother Don before I send somebody over to key your Bimmer.

Jim - Damn, the dopes never hardly make any sense.

~~ Snerk ~~
Ditzy Dan using another alias in a pathetic bid to be listened to?

Krueger morphed himself again? Now he's Colonel Putz? :)

Harry @ news.east.earthlink.net August 10th 10 02:33 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

In article ,
says...

"Jim" wrote in message
Colonel Kurtz wrote:
On 9-Aug-2010, Jim wrote:

[...]

Kind of like me, huh?

--
The stupider you sound, the more Republican votes you'll get

Harry @ news.east.earthlink.net August 10th 10 02:34 PM

"Jim" wrote in message
Colonel Kurtz wrote:
On 9-Aug-2010, Jim wrote:

[...]

Spoofer alert! Everyone knows that me, the real Harry, wants, needs, and
desires all of the attention.

--
The stupider you sound, the more Republican votes you'll get

bpuharic August 10th 10 09:52 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:12:46 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 05:56:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Fed Ex did not take 11 trillion out of the economy either.

ever hear of AIG? they did.

Yeah I heard of AIG. (although that is not what we were talking about)

sure it was. you were talking about how wonderful and efficient
private enterprise was. if that's the case why did bush bail out AIG?

You do understand a huge chunk of the AIG bailout went to liberal
sweetheart George Soros? Why don't we hear more about him?

except it was george bush who bailed out AIG.

this is proof you're a racist. you're blamin obama for something that
happened BEFORE HE WAS PRESIDENT

bpuharic August 10th 10 09:53 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:51:46 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:32:44 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

the finacial sector went up to 40% of GDP in
2007 and added NOTHING to ameirca

The financial sector will have to add a whole lot more to the GDP if
the boomers actually want to retire.
Where do you think pension money comes from?
Retirement is money making money.

Amen brother.

I actually believe the "greatest generation" will be the last ones to
actually complete retirement and not outlive their money simply
because the boomers covered them with our 401k and FICA money.
There are not enough kids behind us to support 75-80 million boomers
on a pension.

Amen brother.

then where is the money

bpuharic August 11th 10 02:35 AM

wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 05:56:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Fed Ex did not take 11 trillion out of the economy either.

ever hear of AIG? they did.

Yeah I heard of AIG. (although that is not what we were talking about)

sure it was. you were talking about how wonderful and efficient
private enterprise was. if that's the case why did bush bail out AIG?

You seem to assume all private enterprise is the same evil.

the 80/20 rule. 20% of businesses did 80% of the damage to the economy

You do understand a huge chunk of the AIG bailout went to liberal
sweetheart George Soros? Why don't we hear more about him?

except it was george bush who bailed out AIG.

And it was Soros and guys like him who caused the problem in the first
place

well no. AIG was about 80B. the total bailout was over 700B.

whatsamatter? cant count?

this is proof you're a racist. you're blamin obama for something that
happened BEFORE HE WAS PRESIDENT

I never mentioned Obama in this derivatives thing, that is all you.

uh no. you ignore the fact the bailout was bush's idea. if it's a bad
idea, it was BUSH, not OBAMA that caused it

bpuharic August 11th 10 02:36 AM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:15:20 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:53:15 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

Amen brother.

then where is the money

There is no money, that is the point.
The trillions that disappeared from the economy never existed in the
first place. It was just betting slips from those hedge fund bookies
like Soros.

soros was peanuts compared to the 11 TRILLION sucked out of the
economy by wall street hedgefund managers

bpuharic August 11th 10 11:12 AM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:12:22 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:35:55 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

sure it was. you were talking about how wonderful and efficient
private enterprise was. if that's the case why did bush bail out AIG?

You seem to assume all private enterprise is the same evil.

the 80/20 rule. 20% of businesses did 80% of the damage to the economy

I would make that more like 0.01% of the businesses caused 99.99% of
the damage.

and the GOP is now telling us how hard we are being on business to put
these regulations on them.

poor babies

There are 31 million businesses in the US (2007) a third are
corporations. (the rest are SPs, partnerships and LLCs) I doubt this
melt down was even slightly the fault of 1000 of the corporations. It
is really more like 100 truly bad actors.

and 100 bad actors controlled a HUGE sector of the GDP.

and they were out of control...they became a piggybank for the ultra
rich to plunder the middle class

Colonel Kurtz August 12th 10 02:51 PM

Greed is why there is no hiring...Corporate Greed

On 10-Aug-2010, wrote:

aint free enterprise wonderful? almost sounds like you're arguing for
govt control of healthcare!

In this case it IS government health care (Medicare)

ever hear of blue cross? aetna? kaiser? they're not medicare

The 60 minutes story and the end of life problem in general, is a
Medicare problem.

It's a moral problem. Forcing the feeble and soon to be dead to stay
temporarily, painfully alive is torture - euthanasia is applied to criminals
and pets - torturing old people to run up the bill is the ultimate crime.