Default House Proposal to Block Deductions for Cost of Oil Spill Cleanup

Engel Bill to Block Tax Deductions of Oil Spill Costs

On the House floor, Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) just said he will
introduce legislation that would prevent oil companies from claiming a
tax deduction for oil spill expenses. Engel did not give details on the
legislation, but I’ve put a call into his office to get a copy of the bill.

It’s been widely reported that BP plans to claim a $10 billion tax
deduction, and lawmakers have criticized the move, with Sen. Bill Nelson
(D-Fla.) calling for an investigation into the issue.

- - -

Damn...earlier today I thought I was kidding when I posted the idea that
BP would seek tax deductions on the cost of cleaning up its mess.

On 30/07/2010 5:02 PM, Harry  wrote:

Engel Bill to Block Tax Deductions of Oil Spill Costs

On the House floor, Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) just said he will
introduce legislation that would prevent oil companies from claiming a
tax deduction for oil spill expenses. Engel did not give details on the
legislation, but I’ve put a call into his office to get a copy of the bill.

It’s been widely reported that BP plans to claim a $10 billion tax
deduction, and lawmakers have criticized the move, with Sen. Bill Nelson
(D-Fla.) calling for an investigation into the issue.

- - -

Damn...earlier today I thought I was kidding when I posted the idea that
BP would seek tax deductions on the cost of cleaning up its mess.

Oh, you mean Obama/democrats want the taxes on the income/product not
realized?

LMAO. Are things really going this bad in the USA?

OMG....

Barack Petroleum, #1 Bankruptcy Way, Marxist City USA. Zip 00000 (Also
the credit score).

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:06:12 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

[...]

he's defending the ol companies?

oh. they're rich. the fishermen, etc...well they can just go hang

OMG....

Barack Petroleum, #1 Bankruptcy Way, Marxist City USA. Zip 00000 (Also
the credit score).

dontcha love it when the right weeps for the oil companies?

mmc mmc is offline

wrote:

[...]

He's confusing what BP is unjustly after, a tax deduction to cover thier
screw up, with taxes on income that hasn't been earned. Or maybe it's just
very bad spin.

wrote:

[...]

It is called governmetn GREED. A disease of statists like Obama. They
need the cash... as heading towards a $2 trillion dollar deficit and
borrowing no longer works. Things are about to get very nasty. Even US
oil companies are halting all new risk development cold. Obama is going
to see to it that you are broke and out of gas, litterally.

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:46:25 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 31/07/2010 9:46 AM, mmc wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:06:12 -0600,
wrot

Barack Petroleum, #1 Bankruptcy Way, Marxist City USA. Zip 00000 (Also
the credit score).

dontcha love it when the right weeps for the oil companies?

He's confusing what BP is unjustly after, a tax deduction to cover thier
screw up, with taxes on income that hasn't been earned. Or maybe it's just
very bad spin.

It is called governmetn GREED. A disease of statists like Obama.

he calls obama a statist in spite of the fact bush increased spending
more than any other president in history

but bush is white...

They
need the cash... as heading towards a $2 trillion dollar deficit and
borrowing no longer works. Things are about to get very nasty. Even US
oil companies are halting all new risk development cold. Obama is going
to see to it that you are broke and out of gas, litterally.

gee. bush bankrupted the US...but he's white and rich...

On 30/07/2010 8:56 PM, bpuharic wrote:

he's defending the ol companies?

Marxist Obama defend companies? Only the ones that paid the democrats
enough.

Obama wants Barack Petroleum. BP is going to give it to him, so he can
bail them out too. But not before totally isolating BP USA from the
rest of BP. Obama, destroying America from the inside, one piece at a
time. Sad part, it will take decades to undo the damage Obama is doing.

Don't worry, I am well positioned, I moved more investment capital out
of the US on Friday. Have to love this electronics age, click and done.

Osama Bin Laden must be laughing his head off.

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 30/07/2010 8:56 PM, bpuharic wrote:

he's defending the ol companies?

Marxist Obama defend companies? Only the ones that paid the democrats
enough.

Obama wants Barack Petroleum. BP is going to give it to him, so he can
bail them out too. But not before totally isolating BP USA from the rest
of BP. Obama, destroying America from the inside, one piece at a time.
Sad part, it will take decades to undo the damage Obama is doing.

Don't worry, I am well positioned, I moved more investment capital out of
the US on Friday. Have to love this electronics age, click and done.

Osama Bin Laden must be laughing his head off.

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

You're well-positioned? You're typing while hiding under your mattress?

On 7/31/10 7:57 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 30/07/2010 8:56 PM, bpuharic wrote:

he's defending the ol companies?

Marxist Obama defend companies? Only the ones that paid the democrats
enough.

Obama wants Barack Petroleum. BP is going to give it to him, so he can
bail them out too. But not before totally isolating BP USA from the
rest of BP. Obama, destroying America from the inside, one piece at a
time. Sad part, it will take decades to undo the damage Obama is doing.

Don't worry, I am well positioned, I moved more investment capital out
of the US on Friday. Have to love this electronics age, click and done.

Osama Bin Laden must be laughing his head off.

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

You're well-positioned? You're typing while hiding under your mattress?

Canuck has three Snickers bars to move around.

Doin the oil cleanup Frogwatch[_2_] General 28 June 16th 10 12:45 AM
House Pass Stim Proposal w/o GOP Support HK General 9 February 16th 09 06:30 AM
A more serious oil spill.. Chuck Gould General 1 December 11th 07 09:54 PM
Oil spill in SF [email protected] ASA 1 November 12th 07 06:27 AM
White House Marriage Proposal Bob Crantz ASA 4 July 16th 04 07:45 PM