BoatBanter.com

-   -   ah, gotta love garage sales (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/116515-ah-gotta-love-garage-sales.html)

Steve B[_4_] July 15th 10 04:56 AM

ah, gotta love garage sales

A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25. Went
out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a yard
sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought writing
a book would be easy.

Steve

YukonBound July 15th 10 01:54 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

In article ,
says...

A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25. Went
out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a yard
sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought writing
a book would be easy.

Steve

visit my blog at
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com watch for the book

My fat buddy Harry has written several, just ask him!

YukonBound July 15th 10 02:55 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"YukonBound" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25.
Went
out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a
yard
sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought
writing
a book would be easy.

Steve

visit my blog at
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com watch for the book

My fat buddy Harry has written several, just ask him!

Why don't you scribble a pamphlet on how to be a loser spoofer?

YukonBound July 15th 10 03:20 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

In article ,
says...

[...]

Spoofer alert! I wouldn't post something this silly unless it was name
calling and insulting. Oh, wait, never mind...

mmc July 15th 10 04:59 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"Steve B" wrote in message
A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25.
Went out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a
yard sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought
writing a book would be easy.

Steve

What's the book about Steve?

Steve B[_4_] July 15th 10 05:44 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"Steve B" wrote in message
A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25.
Went out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a
yard sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought
writing a book would be easy.

Steve

What's the book about Steve?

The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery Patient and Caregiver Survival
Handbook.

A book about my heart history, a 9 hour operation where they took my heart
out of my body and bypassed five arteries and replace my aortic valve with a
mechanical one, hospital stay, recovery, and a guide drawn from my 8 years
of recovery and rehab experiences to help people who are about to undergo
heart surgery. What to expect, how to prepare, things like that. For
patients, caregivers, family members, friends, whoever wants to get the
inside information.

Steve

Steve

Tim July 15th 10 06:04 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

On Jul 14, 10:56*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25. *Went
out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a yard
sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. *Damn, I always thought writing
a book would be easy.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.comwatch for the bookSpeaking of garage sales, My neighbor got rid of his above ground pool and had a ladder left over. I bought it off of him for 25 bucks.

It's great for climbing out of the Marquis while the boat is ont he
trailer. It's sturdy and doesnt scratch or nick anything.

http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/sku-2157.html

nom=de=plume[_2_] July 15th 10 06:30 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"Steve B" wrote in message
A Minn Kota 50-36 sealed in a stapled shut box at a yard sale for $25.
Went out of here today for $150 cash.

Not anything like last week, though, a White's DFX metal detector at a
yard sale for $20, ebay for $671.

Looks like some people still have a little disposable income.

Still have to mount that MotorGuide foot control on the Lund and go bass
fishing, though.

Maybe soon, as I am finished with the book. Damn, I always thought
writing a book would be easy.

Steve

They're great! I got a 2000W generator for $20 last year. Got it serviced
for $30 because it was a workout to start it. Works like a charm.

Steve B[_4_] July 15th 10 07:22 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

reply:

It's a damn scrounger's heaven, and a way to save some bucks. I found eight
sections of new supple Hayward pool robot hose and got them for $10 for the
bunch. They sell for $12 per.

With the buck fifty you saved on that ladder, you can put some gas in the
boat, and take SWMBO to a nice lunch at that little trendy dock bistro.
Even enough left over for a couple of adult beverages, and some folding
money pocket change.

My wife is changing her attitude about my scrounging and reselling. Just so
long as it is something we would have had to buy anyway but save money on,
that it doesn't sit around too long before it's sold, and that if doesn't
look unsightly among all the other junk. ;-)

Steve

mmc July 15th 10 07:41 PM

ah, gotta love garage sales

"Steve B" wrote in message

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Holy cow Batman!
Well, hope I never need it if I or family/friend does - thanks for writing
it!