Default This just in

"Harry ?" wrote in message
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

...delivered boats to a beach with a jeep... Right!

Why are you commenting? You don't know anything about boats. You're
the
asshole who wanted to winterize his outboard with WD-40, and wanted
know which two cycle oil to mix in the gas for your four cycle
outboard.

Aw, for pity sakes.

If my memory serves me correctly, Herring asked what kind of oil to
use to 'fog' his outboard for winterizing and WD-40 was mentioned. You
can buy fogging oil and use it only to find out that cheap WD, STP,
Liqui-Drench, and any other penetrating oil contains about the same
qualities as a $9.95 can of "genuine" fogging oil.

PLUS! The question that John brought up about what brand of oil to use
in the crank case of his 4 cycle outboard was brought up, and Bill
Graham (mechanic extraordinaire who sees no redeeming quality in
rec.boats due to all the political and insulting posts) thought that
Herrings engine was a 2-cycle, so Bill recommended that he use any
quality oil rated for 50:1 for fuel/oil mix. Bill never advised to
change the crank case oil on a 4 stroke and use 2 cycle oil. and
Herring never took it that way. For all I know. John never brought up
a question on what 2 cycle mix oil to put in a 4 stroke crank case
There is a misconception there. So, This is from my recollections and
I'd like to see anybody prove otherwise. So until then can we finally
give that topic a break????

Why would "Bill,"* when asked what sort of oil to put in a crankcase,
conclude a two stroke engine was under discussion? One doesn't run a two
stroke outboard properly by putting oil in the crankcase of a two stroke
outboard.

Herring himself stated he posed the queries. He did ask.

BTW. I don't think it is a great idea to use WD-40 for engine fogging, for
reasons previously discussed here.

* It's Bill Grannis, I believe, not Bill Graham.

Where does the gas oil mix go after it leaves the carburetor? (How fast can
you google Krausie)

--
Harold

"Harry ?" wrote in message
m...
On 7/20/10 2:41 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:31 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

...delivered boats to a beach with a jeep... Right!

Why are you commenting? You don't know anything about boats.
You're the
asshole who wanted to winterize his outboard with WD-40, and
wanted to
[...]

* It's Bill Grannis, I believe, not Bill Graham.- Hide quoted text -

OK, so i got his name wrong. But one thing about 'fogging oil" My
boats run fine and I've never used the stuff. There should be no
damage done to a properly maintaned engine over a 4 month period of
time. Do you fog your lawnmower? I doubt it.

But if I was going to 'fog' an engine, I'd use any kind of penetrating
oil I have on hand. Now if it was going to sit for a few years then
yes I'd fog it. but otherwwise....

concerning the 2 cycle oil. Bill would recommend a top quality 2 cycle
oil to be used ina 2 cycle engine. I don't remember Herring saying
anything about a 2 of 4 stroke that was on his boat. So true, why
would Bill recommend filling a carnk case with 2 cycle? He wouldn't.

he would suggest using 2 cycle oil in a mix for a 2 cycle engine
though, so it seems that Bill got some ill concieved info. thinking
that Herring had a two strke engine.

I'm done.

He said, they said, we all said. Enough said.

Except...yes, I do use fogging oil over the winter in my outboard, my
lawnmower, my lawn tractor, et cetera. I also use gasoline preservative.
It's cheap enough.

Do you have your "guy" take care of all the winterizing or do you do some of
it?

--
Harold

"Jack" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 2:59 pm, Harry ? wrote:
On 7/20/10 2:41 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 20, 12:31 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

[...]

You left out one... YOU LIED. John never asked, or said, the things
you keep saying he did.

Krause LIES.

A LOT

--
Harold

In article ,
says...

On 7/21/10 8:47 AM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

[...]

I send it to your wife, who gives you an enema with it.

Spoofer alert, I'm much too cultured to go that low. And I'd never say
anything about anyone's family members.

In article ,
says...

"Harry ?" wrote in message
m...
On 7/20/10 2:41 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:31 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

[...]

I have a mechanic who is factory certified for every piece of equipment
I own. I'm too fat and lazy to do anything for myself. Besides, I just
don't have the skills.

"Harry?" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Harry ?" wrote in message
m...
On 7/20/10 2:41 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:31 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm,
wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

[...]

You aren't telling us anything we don't already know.

--
Harold

In article ,
says...

"Harry ?" wrote in message
On 7/20/10 1:21 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 19, 9:40 am, Harry wrote:
On 7/19/10 10:35 AM, John H wrote:

On Jul 13, 6:16 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jul 13, 5:01 pm, Harry wrote:
On 7/13/10 4:50 PM, John H wrote:

[...]

WD 40 is not really a lubricant, it's a moisture displacer but we use it
for everything on the bikes...

--
Rowdy Mouse Racing - We race for cheese!

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Oh, while you're hear, seeing you run detroit "jimmy's" What brand of
two stroke oil to you put in the crank cases?

Usually Shell Rotella T or Delo 400, straight 40 weight.