Default made it to the atlantic!

"bpuharic" wrote in message
well we finally got the tolly out the the atlantic ocean! put a new
ignition switch in on friday...

pulled out of the slip saturday morning and headed down the ICW.
programmede a course into the new GPS...LOTS of dog legs in the ICW
here, so it's possible to go off course VERY easily and wind up
aground (almost did that once in 2 feet of water!)

ran abou 2500 rpm at 7 kts...took about 45 mins to go from beach haven
to little egg inlet. very nice slow calm ride. but when you're out in
an untested boat in new waters, it's always abit nerve wracking!

got to little egg inlet...the charts disagreed with the GPS about
where the deep water was so i ran with the chart. seas in the inlet
were a little confused but made it offshore only about half a mile
then returned home...

very nice calm ride...ran the engine once to 3500 rpms and hit 11
kts...but didn't want to push it.

the only bad part were the GODDAMNED GREEN HEAD FLIES! murderous! by
the time we got to the inlet there were HUNDREDS of the little
*******s on the bimini, occasionally coming in for the attack. and
they're fearless....you have to kill them because swatting at them
doesnt deter them. the poor dogs were insane by the time we got back
home...

but we made it! the boat has now been baptized in the atlantic...all
the maintence work paid off...no issues at all. and the atlantic looks
great from the helm of your own boat!

Congratulations. Get the electric fly swatters. Harbor freight had them
for $3 one day. Bought a few. So satisfying to hear the zap and see a dead
bug.

made it to the atlantic! Tim General 4 June 29th 10 01:12 PM
they made it. Don White General 0 September 29th 08 02:05 PM
who made it? RB Electronics 0 January 18th 06 04:09 PM
who made it ? RB General 2 December 29th 05 12:23 AM