NOYB

Default OT--new candidate

Ex-Gen. Clark Decides to Join White House Race

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former NATO (news - web sites) commander Wesley
Clark has decided to join the 2004 White House race, making the retired
four-star Army general the 10th Democrat seeking the presidential
nomination, political sources said on Tuesday.

Clark, who headed the 1999 NATO bombing campaign in Kosovo but has no
political experience, was expected to announced his decision in Little Rock,
Arkansas, on Wednesday.

-------------------

This'll be interesting. I guess there'll be no attacking Bush over
Harken Energy, Arbusto, or his support for non-union companies like
Wal-mart. Clark served as managing director of merchant banking for the
Stephens Group Inc...the same company that provided virtually all of the
funding for those three corporations...and the same company that had close
associations with the corrupt BCCI (the company Hillary and Webb Hubbell did
legal work for).

Politics sure has strange bed-fellows.

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
Ex-Gen. Clark Decides to Join White House Race

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former NATO (news - web sites) commander

Wesley
Clark has decided to join the 2004 White House race, making the retired
four-star Army general the 10th Democrat seeking the presidential
nomination, political sources said on Tuesday.

Clark, who headed the 1999 NATO bombing campaign in Kosovo but has

no
political experience, was expected to announced his decision in Little

Rock,
Arkansas, on Wednesday.

You righties are toast.

Doug Kanter

How do we know he really has military experience?

Doug Kanter

"jps" wrote in message

You righties are toast.

Yeah. If Clark sets foot on an aircraft carrier, the sailors will salute him
because they WANT to, not because their CO begged them to.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
How do we know he really has military experience?

Good point. The guy has faked the outcome of military exercises, never
served in the actual theater of operations in Kosovo, and very nearly
started WWIII with the Russians.

NOYB

"jps" wrote in message

You righties are toast.

Yeah. If Clark sets foot on an aircraft carrier, the sailors will salute

him
because they WANT to, not because their CO begged them to.

Not likely.

Col. David Hackworth, in his 1999 commentary Defending America, wrote of
Clark: Known by those who've served with him as the Ultimate Perfumed
Prince, he's far more comfortable in a drawing room discussing political
theories than hunkering down in the trenches where bullets fly and soldiers
die.

Col. Jatras writes that "General Clark is the kind of general we saw too
often during the Vietnam War and hoped never to see again in a position of
responsibility for the lives of our GIs and the security of our nation. That
it happened once again we can thank that other Rhodes scholar from
Arkansas."

NOYB

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
Ex-Gen. Clark Decides to Join White House Race

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former NATO (news - web sites) commander

Wesley
Clark has decided to join the 2004 White House race, making the retired
four-star Army general the 10th Democrat seeking the presidential
nomination, political sources said on Tuesday.

Clark, who headed the 1999 NATO bombing campaign in Kosovo but has

no
political experience, was expected to announced his decision in Little

Rock,
Arkansas, on Wednesday.

You righties are toast.

Not really. The guy is tight with the Clinton's since his days at Oxford
with Bill. He, of course, carries along a lot of the extra baggage they
do...but is not charasmatic or politically astute.

He'll get mauled by Bush in the pressing palms and kissing babies arena.

He may make a decent Vice Presidential candidate to lend credibility to
someone like dean who the public views as very weak on national security.
However, he's an ego-maniac and would never stand being second fiddle.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

He'll get mauled by Bush in the pressing palms and kissing babies arena.

So what. Anyone who bases votes on a handshake is an idiot anyway.

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Col. David Hackworth, in his 1999 commentary Defending America, wrote of
Clark: Known by those who've served with him as the Ultimate Perfumed
Prince, he's far more comfortable in a drawing room discussing political
theories than hunkering down in the trenches where bullets fly and

soldiers
die.

That kind of data isn't likely to come into play. The fact is, Bush was a
champagne fly boy and Clark was a four star general. Clark was and is a
leader, Bush is a schoolyard bully. Clark knows war and understands the
value of diplomacy and allies. Bush doesn't.

Col. Jatras writes that "General Clark is the kind of general we saw too
often during the Vietnam War and hoped never to see again in a position of
responsibility for the lives of our GIs and the security of our nation.

That
it happened once again we can thank that other Rhodes scholar from
Arkansas."

No substance, just sour grapes.

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

You righties are toast.

Not really. The guy is tight with the Clinton's since his days at Oxford
with Bill. He, of course, carries along a lot of the extra baggage they
do...but is not charasmatic or politically astute.

I'm sorry, your head is clearly planted firmly up your ass. He is both
charismatic and politically astute.

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He'll get mauled by Bush in the pressing palms and kissing babies arena.

Wow, that's a compelling story. I'll bet Bush will outlie him any day too.

He may make a decent Vice Presidential candidate to lend credibility to
someone like dean who the public views as very weak on national security.
However, he's an ego-maniac and would never stand being second fiddle.

Yeah, just like Colin Powell. Both Colin Powell and Wesley Clark make Bush
look like the stooge he is.