BoatBanter.com

-   -   Catamaran vs mono-hull (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/114856-catamaran-vs-mono-hull.html)

Loogypicker[_2_] April 4th 10 05:25 PM

Catamaran vs mono-hull

On Apr 2, 6:30*pm, hk wrote:
On 4/2/10 6:13 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:28:48 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
*wrote:

Something I noticed on this leg of my cruise is the radical diff tween
the wakes of mono and catamaran hulls for power boats. *The monos have
huge wakes while the cats have very small wakes. *This should give
better fuel economy. *Does it?

It absolutely does. * The less water you push aside the better from
the standpoint of efficiency. * One of the big cruising trends we are
seeing this year is the increase in multi-hull sailboats. *There are
hundreds of them just here in Martinique and it looks like they will
be in the majority sooner or later.

Sorta depends upon the boats, their designs, their weights, and how they
are used. For example, a 32' WorldCat, with two F250 Yamahas, weighs
about 8000 pounds and at 4000 rpm produces 26.4 mph and burns 26.4 gph.
A Scout with the same engines that weighs nearly a ton more burns about
the same gph and produces a few more mph for the same fuel burn.

Of course, the question was about mono and cat hulls for power boats,
not "multi-hull sailboats," eh?

--http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym

Tell us about the fuel consumption of your lobster boat? Aren't you
the one always whining here about the fuel burn of other people's
boats that you're jealous of?

hk April 4th 10 05:30 PM

Catamaran vs mono-hull

wrote:

[...]

Fuel burn previously reported, ****-for-brains. Perhaps the poor woman
who married you, the one who is so good at "research," can google it up
for you...while she is searching for a replacement for the moron she
married.

--
http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym

JustWaitAFrekinMinute! April 4th 10 05:53 PM

Catamaran vs mono-hull

*wrote:

[...]

boats that you're jealous of?- Hide quoted text -

Hey Loog, Harry never had a Lobsta' boat... Google has ruined his
life;) He can't lie about himself anymore so he lies about us from
under his desk.

Scotty

hk April 4th 10 06:04 PM

Catamaran vs mono-hull

On 4/4/10 12:53 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On Apr 4, 12:25 pm, wrote:

Tell us about the fuel consumption of your lobster boat? Aren't you
the one always whining here about the fuel burn of other people's
boats that you're jealous of?- Hide quoted text -

Hey Loog, Harry never had a Lobsta' boat... Google has ruined his
life;) He can't lie about himself anymore so he lies about us from
under his desk.

Scotty

How would you and your nearly-as-dumb buddy loogy possibly know,
****-for-brains?

--
http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym