BoatBanter.com

-   -   Help with Johnson 110 Trim tilt gauge (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1148-help-johnson-110-trim-tilt-gauge.html)

Harv September 16th 03 02:29 AM

Help with Johnson 110 Trim tilt gauge

I removed the send unit after replacing the gauge and meter still not
working. I measure 6.1 volts through the entire range of motion? Is
this indicating a broken send unit? Pls tell me how to test send
unit.
Thanks.

ReevesJ32 September 16th 03 04:38 AM

Help with Johnson 110 Trim tilt gauge

Pls tell me how to test send
unit.

Hook up a ohm meter to the two sender wires, then slowly operate the sender by
hand. The ohm meter gauge should move slowly and smoothly from zero to the
upper limit of ther sender arm.

Any skipping, sticking, jerking, etc, indicates a faulty sender.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)