BoatBanter.com

-   -   480x8 wheel/torque question (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1147-480x8-wheel-torque-question.html)

No Spam September 16th 03 01:07 AM

480x8 wheel/torque question

Anyone knows how much torque in lb. should I put on the bolts on the 480x8
trailer wheel? I got the 5 bolt one. thanks...

N.S.

Likebrews September 17th 03 11:42 PM

480x8 wheel/torque question

Just like a small car tire. 80-100lb/ft should do the trick.

able.rogers.com...

basskisser September 18th 03 05:38 PM

"No Spam" wrote in message . cable.rogers.com...
Anyone knows how much torque in lb. should I put on the bolts on the 480x8
trailer wheel? I got the 5 bolt one. thanks...

N.S.

Torque, being a function of a lever has a force (pounds, etc.) and a
vector (feet, etc.) therefore it can't be expressed in pounds. It also
has to have the vector unit length, ie: foot/pounds, inch/pounds,
Newton meters, etc.