Default Hybrid boat to be featured....

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 11:50:17 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Mar 6, 3:25 pm, John H wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:41:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
on the Discovery channel Sun night 9:00pm (est)

http://www.soundingsonline.com/news/...251472-hybrid-...

Even though it will probably be targeted for the U.S market, it's too
bad it wasn't made here.

Holy ****, Tim, six hundred thousand dollars! And I still didn't see a
friggin'
rod holder.
--

"Your honor can never be taken from you. Cherish it, in yourself and in
others." (Unknown)

John H

I'm sure they'll sell some John, but if I had that kind of money for a
boat, I think I'd get something else. That craft just isn't my thing.
--------------------
http://www.dsehybrid.com/ looks like the solar panels were an after thought.
Actually, after looking thru the first dozen pics
http://www.motorboating.com/gallery.jsp?ID=1000023794, my impression is the
boat looks slapped together.
They might have thought about hiring a marine architect. Can you imagine the
glare off of those solar panels on the deck forward of the bridge windows?
With the right angle to the sun, you can almost hear eyeballs
sizzling.........

More power to 'em. Look at the reflections on the panels in your first URL. I
think you're absolutely right about the glare being a killer. I suppose you just
never head into the sun. Always go north or south.
--

"Your honor can never be taken from you. Cherish it, in yourself and in others." (Unknown)

John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 7, 7:03*pm, John H wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 18:11:22 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
On Mar 6, 3:25 pm, John H wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:41:38 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
on the Discovery channel Sun night 9:00pm (est)

http://www.soundingsonline.com/news/...251472-hybrid-....

Even though it will probably be targeted for the U.S market, it's too
bad it wasn't made here.

Holy ****, Tim, six hundred thousand dollars! And I still didn't see a friggin'
rod holder.
--

"Your honor can never be taken from you. Cherish it, in yourself and in others." (Unknown)

John H

I'm sure they'll sell some John, but if I had that kind of money for a
boat, I think I'd get something else. That craft just isn't *my thing.

If you had that kind of money, you could probably rent something like this for a
rod holder.

http://tinyurl.com/2yft47
--

"Your honor can never be taken from you. Cherish it, in yourself and in others." (Unknown)

John H

Fine craftsmanship there, John. But two things.

1) the wife wouldn't approve, and

2) I don't have that kind of money.

Tim wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:50 am, wrote:

wrote in message

On Mar 6, 3:25 pm, John wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:41:38 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

See what happens if it's in a good hail storm. But that thing will
probably never see temps less than 75 degrees.

You can get hail just about anywhere, Tim.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 8, 6:12*pm, Larry wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:50 am, *wrote:

*wrote in message

On Mar 6, 3:25 pm, John *wrote:

[...]

You can get hail just about anywhere, Tim.- Hide quoted text -

Oh thats true. especially here in the central and southwestern states.
But I don't really anticipate seeing one of those coming up the
mississippi. But I could be wrong, though.

The Best Hybrid Car For You bwm6kxjq General 2 November 27th 07 05:34 PM
Boat Electronics? Going the way of over-featured cellphones? HK General 15 June 25th 07 05:24 PM
Hybrid boat technology [email protected] General 2 February 4th 06 11:03 AM
Hybrid...wow! Bobsprit ASA 47 May 23rd 04 11:01 PM
hybrid dinghy Parallax Cruising 1 October 21st 03 05:46 PM