Default I want to take my dog boating...

On Mar 4, 1:36*pm, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

The vet has given us some Xanax, but that must be given a half hour before a
trip. Plus, I'd rather not have to medicate her.

Any ideas out there? Where I launch the boat is more than twenty minutes away,
and I don't want to have to clean up her puke when I get there.

Well, I might try the xanax at first. The problem with an adopted doggie (think
you said it was) is you really don't know what they have been through. Our dog
came from NYC shelter. One day he totally freaked out at a yellow Hummer... We
will never really know why. We have a cat that after 7 years still won't let
you pick her up. She is totally friendly and loves to cuddle and get petted,
chases me around the house meowing to get attention but if you so much as get
her an inch off the floor, the claws come out and she goes nuts. You put her
down and she stays right there waiting to get petted again.

Either way, it sounds like you are making progress so keep up the good work.
Have you tried putting something special in there for him to sit on, like one
of his pillows or a bed he knows is his?

Scotty
--
Can I haz Cheezeburger?

Had a cat that would let you pet her, but as soon as you even tried to
put your hands around her to pick her up, she'd go nuts like that! We
named her Teethandclaws.