Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Light atop the mast

My anchor light atop my mast has always given me problems with the
bulb burning out requiring somebody go all the way up there to replace
it. Then, you get up there and replace it only to find that it is
actually the wiring that has gone bad. As I have gotten older, going
up the mast is simply not an option anymore. So, I now have an LED
light I hang from my topping lift which I pull back from the mast so
it is only blocked by a tiny angle. Still, I'd like to have a light
atop my mast and would also like to have my wind speed anemometer up
there too.
So.........I have a spare halyard after replacing my old jib with a
roller furling one. So, attach light and anemometer to a "pole" that
is weighted on the bottom with light and anemometer on top. Attach
halyard toward end with light and anemometer and haul up with a
smaller line attached to pole bottom.
The end of the pole with light and anomemeter will then go up above
the top of the mast weighted so it always is vertical and easy to haul
down. Easy to replace light, wiring etc.
Because it will always be vertical, one can then use a high gain VHF
antenna too instead of a 3 db one.

i promise quiet drapers above the light elder light, whilst Jay wastefully likes them too Edward ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:28 AM
i freely scold brave and nibbles our lower, light disks among a light Mel ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:51 AM
Mast Rake and Mast Bend DSK ASA 48 January 16th 04 08:07 PM
Red over green mast light for sailboat Lee Huddleston Boat Building 4 September 15th 03 04:57 PM
Red over green mast light for sailboat Lee Huddleston Electronics 0 September 5th 03 04:18 AM