Tim Tim is offline

Default The Chicago Carp kill begins!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...2020803&Ref=PH

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.
mgg mgg is offline

"Tim" wrote in message
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...2020803&Ref=PH

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

On another note, I had my 1st cracked crab (dungenous) of the season last
night for dinner. That's the best crabmeat going. Wow, was it good. Too bad
carp can't taste like that! g

--Mike

Tim wrote:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...2020803&Ref=PH

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

If they had asked a few million ordinary sportsmen and environmentalist
would have helped.
They should, perhaps, induce fishermen to fish for these thins,
specifically in Lake Michigan near this canal. Maybe they wouldn't catch
any.
It's going to take some billions of dollars to hopefully get these
things out of all our waters.
There aren't enough State and Federal Employees to do ti but there
plenty of Sportsmen etc that will jump at the chance to eliminate these
fish.
Those Fish Farmers in Arkansas, and elsewhere should be out there
leading this effort since they brought this huge problem to us.

mgg wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...2020803&Ref=PH

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

On another note, I had my 1st cracked crab (dungenous) of the season last
night for dinner. That's the best crabmeat going. Wow, was it good. Too bad
carp can't taste like that! g

--Mike

Feed them to Fish Farmers, in Arkansas, La,, Miss, and anyone else that
brought these things into the Country.
They are as bad as the cretins that released those Anacondas and Boas in
Florida, etc.
It is hard to believe that People are doing this stuff to the Country.
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 2, 10:07*pm, "mgg" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=20091202&Kate...

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

--Mike

Just think of the cat food processing plan you could build!

Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 3, 8:48*am, Tim wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:07*pm, "mgg" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=20091202&Kate...

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

--Mike

Just think of the cat *food processing plan you could build!- Hide quoted text -

OR!

You could haul ''em in, process 'em into fish food and dump them back
into the river for the good and game fish to feast on.

Hey! Catch and release!!!

In article 448158be-bb09-4843-a7db-0364984db062
@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, says...

On Dec 3, 8:48*am, Tim wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:07*pm, "mgg" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=20091202&Kate...

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

--Mike

Just think of the cat *food processing plan you could build!- Hide quoted text -

OR!

You could haul ''em in, process 'em into fish food and dump them back
into the river for the good and game fish to feast on.

Hey! Catch and release!!!

That's a lot of food to put in that slow moving water. Besides, the ones
at the outskirts who survive could follow the rotting pile of fish
grindings on down the river...

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:07:59 -0500, lil abner wrote:

Tim wrote:
[...]

Inducing anglers to go after Asian Carp may not be an easy thing to
do. Carp in general have a particular stigma in this country and are
dismissed, for the most part, as worthy table fare. The two major
imported Asian species have an even greater stigma. Another species
of native fish that are too often looked upon as a nuisance is the
Drum Perch. The Drum Perch is actually a very tasty fish; but, they
are often frowned upon by fisherman. Quite often fisherman, when they
catch a croaker, will slice the catch open and throw it back in. This
is even more of a travesty since Drum Perch feed on zebra mussels,
another imported nuisance. One possible use of the Asian Carp is to
fish it commercially for use in cattle feed.

Tim wrote:
[...]

I have eaten drum. don't know about drum perch. Croaker is a sorry
excuse for fresh water bluegills.
Drum, from scare, clean water sources are ok. Native Americans liked
Redhorse Suckers but waters were clean back then.
I wasn't suggesting eating the carp. Perhaps we could dump all the carp
into Arkansas Fish Farmers' ponds whence they came?
Those folks that brought us the problem need a little ostracizion.
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 3, 8:48*am, Tim wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:07*pm, "mgg" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=20091202&Kate...

Poisoning about 6 mi of river to get rid of the Asian Carp before they
hit the great lakes. Of course, it's kinda like Chemo-therapy. It
takes out the good with the bad ones.

Yeah, it sucks, but what other options are there?

Like I said in another thread, if we can find some good ecomomical use for
them, we can hunt them to extinction.

--Mike

Just think of the cat *food processing plan you could build!- Hide quoted text -

OR!

You could haul ''em in, process 'em into fish food and dump them back
into the river for the good and game fish to feast on.

Hey! *Catch and release!!!

That's a lot of food to put in that slow moving water. Besides, the ones
at the outskirts who survive could follow the rotting pile of fish
grindings on down the river...- Hide quoted text -

Well, that's been brought up as far as using them for farm firtilizer.
More organic.