Default Tofurkey?

ALL of my seven sisters have become veggie nut cases although
fortunately their kids have not succumbed. So, I was naturally
skeptical to see a vague meat-looking waaaaay too symmetrical blob
covered with gravy and dressing at Thanksgiving AND, there was an
identical one next to it. Yeah, sorta meat-like texture but no
internal structure. I just had to ask, Yup, it was Tofurkey and to be
nice I had to take some. If you smothered it with enough gravy and
had a few drinks, MAYBE you could accept it.
Fortunately, my brother had made some smoked turkey and brother in law
made some smoked mullet.

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:07:27 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

ALL of my seven sisters have become veggie nut cases although
fortunately their kids have not succumbed. So, I was naturally
skeptical to see a vague meat-looking waaaaay too symmetrical blob
covered with gravy and dressing at Thanksgiving AND, there was an
identical one next to it. Yeah, sorta meat-like texture but no
internal structure. I just had to ask, Yup, it was Tofurkey and to be
nice I had to take some. If you smothered it with enough gravy and
had a few drinks, MAYBE you could accept it.
Fortunately, my brother had made some smoked turkey and brother in law
made some smoked mullet.

If you removed the 'r' from that word, it might be more descriptive.
--

John H

wrote:

ALL of my seven sisters have become veggie nut cases although
fortunately their kids have not succumbed. So, I was naturally
skeptical to see a vague meat-looking waaaaay too symmetrical blob
covered with gravy and dressing at Thanksgiving AND, there was an
identical one next to it. Yeah, sorta meat-like texture but no
internal structure. I just had to ask, Yup, it was Tofurkey and to be
nice I had to take some. If you smothered it with enough gravy and
had a few drinks, MAYBE you could accept it.
Fortunately, my brother had made some smoked turkey and brother in law
made some smoked mullet.

I have never ever met a vegetarian who was NOT a nutcase. If this is so
good for you, why is it that the practitioners of it are so agressively
adamant about it? It seems to radically change their internal chemistry,
and dominoes into their personality. Some of these people who you would
think eat nuts and berries turn into people with the personality of grizzly
bears.

Just MHO, YMMV

Steve

wrote:

[...]

Sure thing... grease burgers are heart food.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:43:22 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I went without eating beef for 15 years, not because of my health but
because of the perversity of supporting a system that plunders our
country's resources.

Vegetarians, in my experience, are more likely to be aware of their
own health and the health of the environment. No wonder the Bigot
Steve doesn't understand them.

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Your life is wracked by fear of almost everything. Poor boy.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
achmed the sock puppet,or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I've never been a true vegetarian but I've cut way down on meat. Sushi is my
favorite, but a burger or roast can't be beat sometimes.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:54:03 -0800, jps wrote:

I went without eating beef for 15 years, not because of my health but
because of the perversity of supporting a system that plunders our
country's resources.

Vegetarians, in my experience, are more likely to be aware of their
own health and the health of the environment. No wonder the Bigot
Steve doesn't understand them.

There is no scientific or medical evidence that vegetarians live
longer or are healthier than non-vegetarians.*
Eddie

*Dr. Dean Edell on KGO radio, SF CA
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 29, 7:30*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

I have never ever met a vegetarian who was NOT a nutcase.

Steve, my son is a vegie and works for an arcatectual firm and has two
degrees in engineering.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

wrote:

ALL of my seven sisters have become veggie nut cases although
fortunately their kids have not succumbed. *So, I was naturally
skeptical to see a vague meat-looking waaaaay too symmetrical blob
covered with gravy and dressing at Thanksgiving AND, there was an
identical one next to it. *Yeah, sorta meat-like texture but no
internal structure. *I just had to ask, Yup, it was Tofurkey and to be
nice I had to take some. *If you smothered *it with enough gravy and
had a few drinks, MAYBE you could accept it.
Fortunately, my brother had made some smoked turkey and brother in law
made some smoked mullet.

I have never ever met a vegetarian who was NOT a nutcase.

Yeah, people like Dr. Henry Heimlich, Carl Lewis (track star), Bob
Barker (also a black belt), Dr. Benjamin Spock, Thomas Edison, Hank
Aaron, Dr. Charles Attwood, and on and on, all "nutcases" huh?