BoatBanter.com

-   -   Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/111202-time-bandit-most-dangerous-catch-flat-bottom.html)

Vic Smith October 28th 09 09:50 PM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

H the K[_2_] October 28th 09 10:02 PM

On 10/28/09 5:50 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

That's no surprise. The boat doesn't use its hull bottom to cut through
waves. Further, flat bottom boats roll less.

Tosk October 28th 09 10:23 PM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

In article ,
says...

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

Looks like you gotta' log in to get access... I have too many open
logins around already...;)

H the K[_2_] October 28th 09 10:56 PM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

On 10/28/09 6:23 PM, Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

Looks like you gotta' log in to get access... I have too many open
logins around already...;)

The keylogger confirms that.

Vic Smith October 28th 09 11:21 PM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:23:49 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

Looks like you gotta' log in to get access... I have too many open
logins around already...;)

Didn't know that. You sure?
I've posted Boatest links numerous times and nobody mentioned that.
But maybe nobody clicks on the links.

--Vic

Tom Francis - SWSports October 29th 09 12:13 AM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:21:24 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:23:49 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

Looks like you gotta' log in to get access... I have too many open
logins around already...;)

Didn't know that. You sure?

Yep.

I've posted Boatest links numerous times and nobody mentioned that.

That's because nobody goes there.

But maybe nobody clicks on the links.

And that. :)

Tom Francis - SWSports October 29th 09 12:30 AM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:50:54 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

There's a lot of hull below that water line - it may be flat bottomed,
but most "ships" are really - not built for speed, but endurance and
long range efficiency.

Vic Smith October 29th 09 12:36 AM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:23:49 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Surprised me, but then I'm not a naval architect or experienced enough
to know better.
Not much detail, but should be interesting to most boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=2048

--Vic

Looks like you gotta' log in to get access... I have too many open
logins around already...;)

Didn't know that. You sure?

Yep.

I've posted Boatest links numerous times and nobody mentioned that.

That's because nobody goes there.

But maybe nobody clicks on the links.

And that. :)

Too bad. Thought stuff about boats could be of interest.
But I recall some discussions from these links, so some here must have
signed up.
I think what fooled me is that though I've restored my system a few
times since I first signed up, I never had to log in.
Must be the way Boatest handles the cookie.
It'a a decent site, but top heavy with big power boats, and they
marketeers..
They do sometimes have pieces that I find interesting.
Here's another one, about the importance of having a compass.
Nice boating vid.
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=3822

If you can't link, well, hell, just get lost!

--Vic

Tosk October 29th 09 01:04 AM

wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:23:49 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

I think your whole thread is "going south".. pffffttt...

Richard Casady October 29th 09 02:27 AM

Time Bandit of Most Dangerous Catch - Flat Bottom

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:30:38 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

There's a lot of hull below that water line - it may be flat bottomed,
but most "ships" are really - not built for speed, but endurance and
long range efficiency.

Container ships are built for speed. Tankers are not.

Casady