BoatBanter.com

-   -   More Global Warming morons... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/111169-more-global-warming-morons.html)

nom=de=plume October 27th 09 05:57 PM

More Global Warming morons...

wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:50:46 -0400, Jim wrote:

Actually, it's a pretty well-known fact that it would be environmentally
smarter to eat your veggi-burger in a Humvee than eat a meat-burger in a
Prius.

Please provide a source for your well known fact. Or is this just
another of your brain farts? Lol lol

It comes from those people who start with a conclusion and then make
up a "study" of carefully selected data to prove it.
Sort of like the people who come up with evidence to prove the earth
is 4000 years old and that Noah had dinosaurs on the ark..

I won't be responding the Jim. I believe the comparison came from the issue
of the actual env. cost to produce beef.

I don't know anything about this study, but here's a link. Looks like a 2006
UN report.

http://www.goveg.com/environment.asp

--
Nom=de=Plume

Tom Francis - SWSports October 27th 09 07:17 PM

More Global Warming morons...

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:15:08 -0400, wrote:

Noah had dinosaurs on the ark..

Of course he did. Otherwise, how do you explain the Lazarus Taxon?

Hmmmm???? :)

John H.[_9_] October 27th 09 11:15 PM

More Global Warming morons...

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:01:11 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

"People will need to consider turning vegetarian if the world is to
conquer climate change, according to a leading authority on global
warming."

"He predicted that people’s attitudes would evolve until meat eating
became unacceptable. “I think it’s important that people think about
what they are doing and that includes what they are eating,” he said.
“I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed
radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is
responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of
their food.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6891362.ece

What next - taxes on farts?

Gum-chewers beware.

LdB[_2_] October 28th 09 04:56 PM

More Global Warming morons...

Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:50:46 -0400, Jim wrote:

Actually, it's a pretty well-known fact that it would be environmentally
smarter to eat your veggi-burger in a Humvee than eat a meat-burger in a
Prius.

Please provide a source for your well known fact. Or is this just
another of your brain farts? Lol lol

It comes from those people who start with a conclusion and then make
up a "study" of carefully selected data to prove it.
Sort of like the people who come up with evidence to prove the earth
is 4000 years old and that Noah had dinosaurs on the ark..

Or those who say that all life on earth started with one single celled
life form...

It doesn't require many brain cells to believe differently.