BoatBanter.com

-   -   evolution, drumming, music and language (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/110987-evolution-drumming-music-language.html)

wf3h October 19th 09 12:30 AM

evolution, drumming, music and language

recent research has found overlapping areas in the brain respond to
music, drumming and language in monkeys providing an insight into how
language evolved:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33344514...ience-science/

wf3h October 19th 09 12:31 AM

On Oct 18, 7:30*pm, wf3h wrote:
recent research has found overlapping areas in the brain respond to
music, drumming and language in monkeys providing an insight into how
language evolved:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33344514...ience-science/

sorry! wrong newsgroup...my mistake

Tom Francis - SWSports October 19th 09 01:04 PM

evolution, drumming, music and language

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:30:55 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

recent research has found overlapping areas in the brain respond to
music, drumming and language in monkeys providing an insight into how
language evolved:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33344514...ience-science/

Heh - I wonder how much money was spent discovering the obvious.

I gotta get me a job at the Max Planck Institute for Biological
Cybernetics - the grant givers there must be push overs.

Tom Francis - SWSports October 19th 09 01:04 PM

evolution, drumming, music and language

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:31:39 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

On Oct 18, 7:30*pm, wf3h wrote:
recent research has found overlapping areas in the brain respond to
music, drumming and language in monkeys providing an insight into how
language evolved:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33344514...ience-science/

sorry! wrong newsgroup...my mistake

You would think so wouldn't you? :)

Tim October 19th 09 05:29 PM

evolution, drumming, music and language

That makes sense. I've been in some bands where I though the
drummer[s] were neandrathals.