Default Here's a new one on me...

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:41:27 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:52:20 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:56:36 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. :)

While I've never seen them on my house, it's not that unusual to see
them roosting together, especially at this time of year. They are
gregarious when roosting, and are starting their southern migration.
They look like Turkey Vultures, but there is a slight chance they are
Black Vultures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_Vulture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Black_Vulture

I wasn't sure myself to be totally honest, but I looked at my field
guide.

Definetly a black vulture. I called the orthano...oritha....orathe...
the bird dude at the local Audubon Society and sent him the pictures -
black vultures. He was surprized to seem that many of them this far
north of New Jersey - normally, according to him anyway, you seldom see
them north of Long Island Sound - almost always in ones and twos.

Yeah, that's why I was saying a "slight chance" of being Black Vultures.
They are expanding northward, but I've never seen a group that large.
Most of the vultures you will see, are Turkey Vultures.

Under learn something new everyday, I found out that they are active
hunters for small game, birds and such. Didn't know that.

Vultures also have a well developed sense of smell that they use for
locating carrion. They also use urohydrosis. I'll let you look that
up. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urohydrosis

wrote:

[...]

I'm very familiar with turkey vultures - see 'em all the time around
here and they are unmistakeable.

That's what surprized me - you see the occasional black vulture, but
not that many in one place at the same time.

Under learn something new everyday, I found out that they are active
hunters for small game, birds and such. Didn't know that.

Vultures also have a well developed sense of smell that they use for
locating carrion. They also use urohydrosis. I'll let you look that
up. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uroydrosis

Heh - know what that is don't even have to go look. :)

wrote:

[...]

You don't suppose Nancy Pelosi was in the neighborhood, do you?
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 15, 4:56*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. *:)

Tom, maybe there's trying to tell you something.

When was the last time you had a check up.

wrote:

In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. :)

Maybe it is! We have the same thing occurring here. Never, in
anybody's recollection, have there been this many buzzards. Where
there used to be one or two, now there are large flocks....

Weird.

They sense 2012 coming. Or evolution enjoys irony...

jps jps is offline

wrote:

In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. :)

Maybe it is! We have the same thing occurring here. Never, in
anybody's recollection, have there been this many buzzards. Where
there used to be one or two, now there are large flocks....

Weird.

They sense 2012 coming. Or evolution enjoys irony...

You're anthropomorphizing buzzards or can you talk to them like Harry
Potter speaks with snakes? Are you the buzzard whisperer?

2012, that's when buzzards will pick the Republican carcass clean.

Ron Paul will be cast in the role of Jim Bob Buzzard.

wrote:

In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. :)

Maybe it is! We have the same thing occurring here. Never, in
anybody's recollection, have there been this many buzzards. Where
there used to be one or two, now there are large flocks....

Weird.

They sense 2012 coming. Or evolution enjoys irony...

You're anthropomorphizing buzzards or can you talk to them like Harry
Potter speaks with snakes? Are you the buzzard whisperer?

You're just a little too anxious to provoke belligerency, JPS. Here's
a leisurely read that might help you to relax a bit:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learning/...animal_eqs.php

wrote:

In thirty years, I have never seen this happen before.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zzards%20I.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictu...zards%20II.jpg

Nine black buzzards on the main house and another six on the guest
house and an additional eleven in the trees - that picture didn't come
out that well.

26 black buzzards in one place at the same time.

Must be global warming. :)

Maybe it is! We have the same thing occurring here. Never, in
anybody's recollection, have there been this many buzzards. Where
there used to be one or two, now there are large flocks....

Weird.

I don't think any one event can have a direct link to adverse climate
change. It's a pattern, mostly of high and increased variability. Global
Warming isn't the correct nomenclature for what's going on. The correct term
is Adverse Climate Change, which is attributed to our pollution.

--
Nom=de=Plume

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Global taxing, climate change...

Health care reform, Health Insurance reform...

Create jobs, save jobs...

Change, repair...

LOL, see a pattern here??

"Tosk" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Lack of education and/or inability of those on the right to logical
argument?

--
Nom=de=Plume