Tim Tim is offline

Default the tragic end of the American-made "Bummer Hummer"

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 20:57:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

And good riddance. Too bad about Saturn though, probably the best
car that GM ever made.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

And good riddance. * Too bad about Saturn though, probably the best
car that GM ever made.

So is the US military going to buy Chinese hummers now? or are they
switching to something else?

I haven't kept up on that stuff.

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:40:54 -0700, Tim wrote:

So is the US military going to buy Chinese hummers now? or are they
switching to something else?

Humvees are manufactured by AM General, an American company.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/06/03...de-in-america/
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 10, 4:57*am, thunder wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:40:54 -0700, Tim wrote:
So is the US military going to buy Chinese hummers now? or are they
switching to something else?

Humvees are manufactured by AM General, an American company.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/06/03...de-in-america/

Cool!

I didn't know that.

Thanks!

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:09:33 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

And good riddance. Too bad about Saturn though, probably the best
car that GM ever made

I still miss the corvairs, that later trailing arm ones, not the
Beetle like swing arms on the early ones. I had a red 65 ragtop. I
still miss that car. It was the four carb version that need grade 100
avaition fuel and didn't get it. Melted some pistons in two minutes
merely running it flat out.

Casady

On 10/9/09 11:57 PM, Tim wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

It became just another oversized SUV. No loss. The originals were
unique, though.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

Very soon we'll be producing nothing. Then where will we get the money
to buy the stuff being produced by the Chinese?

Ah, we'll just print it, like 'bama's doing now. Actually, by then
we'll probably be able to print what we need on our home computers.

But will the 'producers' accept our money for their products?
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...09-712508.html

Looks like GM is selling off Hummer to the Chinese, and maybe in 30
days or less.

Very soon we'll be producing nothing. Then where will we get the money
to buy the stuff being produced by the Chinese?

Ah, we'll just print it, like 'bama's doing now. Actually, by then
we'll probably be able to print what we need on our home computers.

But will the 'producers' accept our money for their products?

This line gets me:

"Chinese companies have continued to invest in U.S. manufacturing
through the global recession, in part to "recycle" the country's huge
foreign exchange surplus, said John Rogers, president of the Chicago-
based Midwest US-China Association, a not-for-profit interest group."