Default WTF?

Is everyone boating? Low number of posts. Or maybe I've killfiled everyone
................ ;-) Hope to get on my Lund this week and do some work and
catch some rainbows.

Steve

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 19, 4:54*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Is everyone boating? *Low number of posts. *Or maybe I've killfiled everyone
............... ;-) *Hope to get on my Lund this week and do some work and
catch some rainbows.

Steve

No, I had an afternoon outdoor gig today. and just got home. whew! I'm
tired. Got plans on hitting the lake tomorrow afternoon though, but
just looked at the forecast and 50% chance of thunderstorms!
AAAARRRRRRGH!!!!!"

Bu tthe weather people have had a difficult time forecasting anything
with accuracy this year, and who knows, they might mess up on that one
too,

But this time they' might be dead on!

?;^ (

On Sep 19, 5:54*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Is everyone boating? *Low number of posts. *Or maybe I've killfiled everyone
............... ;-) *Hope to get on my Lund this week and do some work and
catch some rainbows.

Steve

The Rainbow and Pickerel are HOT right now on Erie. Good reports out
of Erieau, Port Stanley, and Port Bruce.
The Perch are STILL hot, too.

"SteveB" wrote in message
Is everyone boating? Low number of posts. Or maybe I've killfiled
everyone ............... ;-) Hope to get on my Lund this week and do some
work and catch some rainbows.

Steve

Ok, so I wasn't on a boat, but I was near the water and saw a bunch of
boats. I have a question about one I saw. It was a sailboat with only one
mast. It was not small... probably 35 or 40 feet long. It was strange for a
couple of reasons. First, the only mast didn't have any wires holding it up,
at least none I could see, but it was a huge (thick) mast. Second, the mast
was not in the "normal" position. It was really far forward, almost to the
bow. Third, and the truly strange, it looked like a big windsurfer. I used
to windsurf, so I know what that looks like. It had two booms in a bow shape
wrapped around the mast and going back to the cockpit.

So, what is it? Is this a normal sailboat? Sorry if this is dumb question.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Jim Jim is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Google up freedom sailboats. Is that what you saw?
Jim Jim is offline

Jim wrote:
nom=de=plume wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Make that Non Such, not freedom.

"Jim" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
nom=de=plume wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Ah.... yup, that's it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonsuch_(sailboat)

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Jim" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm... well the "unstayed" sounds right, along with the mast, but I can't
seem to find one that has two booms. The only pics I saw were either a
normal looking boom or everything was covered up.

It was interesting to watch. He pointed it into the wind, dropped the sail,
which basically pancaked itself, then he turned on the engine. The sail
looked really slick... kind of shiney, not like regular material. I tried to
get over to the berth to ask him, but the gate was locked.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

It's called a wishbone boom...and I'm guessing you did see a nonsuch.

http://www.pbase.com/nonsuch

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All