Tim Tim is offline

Default Hey Don.....

got your card filed out yet?

http://www.powerboat-world.com/8-mil...ence-law/61313

"Tim" wrote in message
got your card filed out yet?

http://www.powerboat-world.com/8-mil...ence-law/61313

I sure do...I'm a law abidin' Canuck.
I earned the card in 2000 when I took my first Canadian Power & Sail
Squadron course.

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 18, 7:16*am, "Don White" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

got your card filed out yet?

http://www.powerboat-world.com/8-mil...-new-boating-l...

I sure do...I'm a law abidin' Canuck.
I earned the card in 2000 when I took my first Canadian Power & Sail
Squadron course.

Good Deal!

I thought it was good what wone commenter wrote:
" Boat Operating Licenses were introduced in Victoria, Australia, a
few years ago for any boat with a motor, including yachts with an
outboard. What a joke, I thought. I'll pass this with my eyes closed!

I flipped through the handbook, and realised that, if I wanted to
pass, some serious study was needed. Even then I only just got the
required pass mark.

With boating, as in life, 'you don't know what you don't know'. It's
not until you study the subject that one realises the depth of
knowledge about PDFs, EPIRBs, radios, anchors, flares, rights-of-way,
navigation lights, bouys, etc., that is required to safely operate a
vessel. I keep a copy of the handbook in the boat for reference at all
times now.

Come on you clever Canadians, don't ignore something designed to keep
you and your family safe from a boating tragedy. ..."

That makes sense.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 17, 10:43*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:30:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

got your card filed out yet?

http://www.powerboat-world.com/8-mil...-new-boating-l...

Kind of reminds me of the federal license they tried to put on US
boaters. It lasted a couple months and nobody I know bought one. Our
local water cops said they would not enforce the license since the
feds were not sharing the money.

Really? I must have missed that one.

When did that happen?