Default I hate it when I'm right...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ef=online-news

A few of the choicer quotes:

From the reporter - this is really rich in irony.

"In candid mood, climate scientists avoided blaming nature for their
faltering predictions...:

Translation: They narrowly avoided blaming nature for disagreeing with
their models.

Here's another choice bit: "Forecasts of climate change are about to
go seriously out of kilter. One of the world's top climate modellers
said Thursday we could be about to enter "one or even two decades
during which temperatures cool."

"People will say this is global warming disappearing," he told more
than 1500 of the world's top climate scientists gathering in Geneva at
the UN's World Climate Conference.

"I am not one of the sceptics," insisted Mojib Latif of the Leibniz
Institute of Marine Sciences at Kiel University, Germany. "However, we
have to ask the nasty questions ourselves or other people will do it."

Translation: We can only be spurred to do our jobs by the threat of
professional embarassement from those outside our field.

It just keep getting better and better: " Some of the climate
scientists gathered in Geneva to discuss how this might be done
admitted that, on such timescales, natural variability is at least as
important as the long-term climate changes from global warming."

Translation: "Er...what's a North Atlantic Oscillation?"

And of course the best part: "Breaking with climate-change orthodoxy,
he said NAO [North Atlantic Oscillation] cycles were probably
responsible for some of the strong global warming seen in the past
three decades. "But how much? The jury is still out" he told the
conference. The NAO is now moving into a colder phase."

Translation: DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Hate it when that happens Rudy General 1 July 11th 08 12:09 AM
Hate it when that happens JR North General 0 July 10th 08 07:31 PM
Don't you just hate it. Wilbur Hubbard ASA 14 March 15th 07 11:38 PM
don't hate a dog Elisabeth I. McMurphy ASA 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 PM
there, go hate a jar Rickie ASA 0 April 8th 05 12:06 PM