Default First snakeheads...

now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 25, 8:31*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

Oh man, I used to boat a lot on the Wabash.

Maybe they'll start eating those jumpin' suckers that like to hit you
in the head when they hear an outboard!

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

BAR wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

In Indiana?

BAR wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057
There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

In Indiana?

Inside joke.

Got it jarhead. My neighbor across the street still sports a bowl
haircut after being out over 20 years.

Squid Jeem

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:54:27 -0400, Jeem penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
| On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 05:40:26 -0400, Jeem wrote:
|
| BAR wrote:
| Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
| now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057
| There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.
| In Indiana?
|
| Inside joke.
|
|Got it jarhead. My neighbor across the street still sports a bowl
|haircut after being out over 20 years.
|
|Squid Jeem

Oh, God.... what a visual! SWS coiffed like Moe Howard!

Well, he does kinda' look like him, only shorter Pfffffftttt Hey
Shortpants, how's the summer going??

--
Wafa free since 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:05:30 -0400, BAR wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

Heh, heh, heh...
mmc mmc is offline

Default First snakeheads...GO NAVY

"BAR" wrote in message
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

LITTLE KNOWN NAVAL HISTORY..........

The U.S.S. Constitution (Old Ironsides), as a combat vessel,
carried 48,600 gallons of fresh water for her crew of 475 officers and men.
This was sufficient to last six months of sustained operations at sea. She
carried no evaporators (i.e. fresh water distillers!).

However, let it be noted that according to her ship's log, "On
July 27, 1798, the U.S.S.
Constitution sailed from Boston with a full complement of 475
officers and men, 48,600 gallons of fresh water, 7,400 cannon shot, 11,600
pounds of black powder and 79,400 gallons of rum."

Her mission: "To destroy and harass English shipping."

Making Jamaica on 6 October, she took on 826 pounds of flour and
68,300 gallons of rum.

Then she headed for the Azores , arriving there 12 November. She
provisioned with 550 pounds of beef and 64,300 gallons of Portuguese wine.

On 18 November, she set sail for
England . In the ensuing days she defeated five British
men-of-war and captured and scuttled 12 English merchant ships, salvaging
only the rum aboard each.

By 26 January, her powder and shot were exhausted. Nevertheless,
although unarmed she made a night raid up the Firth of Clyde in
Scotland . Her landing party captured a whisky distillery and
transferred 40,000 gallons of
single malt Scotch aboard by dawn. Then she headed home.

The U.S.S. Constitution arrived in Boston on 20 February, 1799,
with no cannon shot, no food, no powder, no rum, no wine, no whisky, and
38,600 gallons of water.

GO NAVY!!!

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
now piranha?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090824/LOCAL/90824057

There is a reason we have squids and seals, piranha bait.

Yes. That was good.

BTW, have you ever played the East Potomac Golf course at Haines
Point? I shot an 87 there this morning, but it's not the most
difficult course in the world. I think the slope from the white tees
is 114. Very walkable course. This was the first time I'd played it.
--
John H

"If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's free!"
--Anonymous