BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/108545-bible-revised-standard-goofus-edition.html)

Wizard of Woodstock August 8th 09 02:13 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

H the K August 8th 09 02:47 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

Gene wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:13:53 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

I've been trying to school others here, but I'm afraid they've begun
to think I'm sortuva nut! Maybe I can help you before it is too
late....

If you think religion isn't a bludgeon..... you better stay the hell
out of South Carolina...... (or the South, for that matter....)

http://christianexodus.org/

NE Florida is overpopulated with super religious nutcases. A month after
we moved there, I was thinking...holy crap, now I know what the dark
ages were like.

Yogi of Woodstock August 8th 09 02:51 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

wrote:

They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

I've been trying to school others here, but I'm afraid they've begun
to think I'm sortuva nut! Maybe I can help you before it is too
late....

If you think religion isn't a bludgeon..... you better stay the hell
out of South Carolina...... (or the South, for that matter....)

http://christianexodus.org/

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoooooooooooommmmmmmmm

Calif Bill[_2_] August 8th 09 03:35 AM

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

Interesting
"
Rep. Loretta Sanchez, D-Santa Ana, the guest of honor, said she supports
universal health care, but that's not what's being debated in the Capitol.

Instead, she said, the current proposal would provide federal subsidies on a
sliding scale for health insurance premiums for families that earn up to
$88,200 a year, which is four times the official federal poverty level
threshold"

First time I have heard that pitch.

GC Boater August 8th 09 03:54 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

NE Florida is overpopulated with super religious nutcases. A month after
we moved there, I was thinking...holy crap, now I know what the dark
ages were like.

And I'll bet your new neighbors were thinking...holy crap, where is
the nearest hospital psyc ward.

Wizard of Woodstock August 8th 09 04:13 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 22:02:19 -0400, Gene
wrote:

wrote:

They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

I've been trying to school others here, but I'm afraid they've begun
to think I'm sortuva nut! Maybe I can help you before it is too
late....

If you think religion isn't a bludgeon..... you better stay the hell
out of South Carolina...... (or the South, for that matter....)

http://christianexodus.org/

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoooooooooooommmmmmmm m

Alright....... 'ya got me, but my position has been overrun by the
"faithful" and I admit that I can't discern my leg being pulled from
those committed to jerking my leg to Jaysus.....

It is all so...... ethereal.....

Chronos, Ra, Apophis, Anubis, Ba'al.... SO much easier to understand

ROTFL!!!

You forgot the Ori. :)

Yogi of Woodstock August 8th 09 04:14 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:35:38 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

Interesting
"
Rep. Loretta Sanchez, D-Santa Ana, the guest of honor, said she supports
universal health care, but that's not what's being debated in the Capitol.

Instead, she said, the current proposal would provide federal subsidies on a
sliding scale for health insurance premiums for families that earn up to
$88,200 a year, which is four times the official federal poverty level
threshold"

First time I have heard that pitch.

Apparently, she hasn't read the bill either. :)

Yogi of Woodstock August 8th 09 04:25 AM

wrote:

[...]

For the record, I consider myself a man of faith. I participate in my
parish activities, taught Sunday school, served on the parish and
diocese councils and attend mass every Sunday.

However I understand your point and I have no small appreciation for
it.

JustWait August 9th 09 12:50 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

In article ,
says...

wrote:

They told me that if I voted for a Republican President, that
politicians would use religion as a bludgeon against policies and
their critics.

And they were right!

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...orange-medical

I've been trying to school others here, but I'm afraid they've begun
to think I'm sortuva nut! Maybe I can help you before it is too
late....

If you think religion isn't a bludgeon..... you better stay the hell
out of South Carolina...... (or the South, for that matter....)

http://christianexodus.org/

Oh man... Lemme' see. I spent a part of my life in Northern
Alabama/Tennessee and I did fine without any religious contact. What's
the matter with you man? I think it's time to take off the tin hat...

--
Wafa free since 2009

JustWait August 9th 09 12:50 AM

The Bible, Revised Standard Goofus Edition

In article 0c0473c7-6230-423f-addb-
, says...

NE Florida is overpopulated with super religious nutcases. A month after
we moved there, I was thinking...holy crap, now I know what the dark
ages were like.

And I'll bet your new neighbors were thinking...holy crap, where is
the nearest hospital psyc ward.

He is starting to sound like the guy who buys a home right next to a pig
farm then sues to have the farm shut down because "he" doesn't like
it...

--
Wafa free since 2009