HK HK is offline

Default Pawlenty to certify Franken if court rules for him

Pawlenty won't delay if court rules for Franken

Governor Tim Pawlenty (R-Minn.) said Sunday he has no plans for further
delay in certifying the results of the state's disputed U.S. Senate
election so that Republican Norm Coleman can pursue a federal court
challenge.

Pawlenty told CNN that he would abide by whatever ruling the Minnesota
Supreme Court makes in the contest, where Democrat Al Franken appears to
have an upper hand.

"I'm prepared to sign [the certification] as soon as they give the green
light," Pawlenty said. “I’m not going to defy an order of the Minnesota
Supreme Court. That would be a dereliction of my duty."

Pawlenty said he had no plans to slow up the process to allow federal
litigation to play out, but would abide by any federal court stay
Coleman might obtain. "If that doesn’t happen promptly or it drags out
for any period of time, then we need to move ahead,” Pawlenty said.

from politico.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 28, 8:03*pm, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:49:52 -0400, HK wrote:

[...]

It's about time. That guy has obstructed the process far too long....
--

Forté Agent 5.00 Build 1171

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." * - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

I would agree. i don't lean toward Pawlenty, but I do tend to lean
away from Franken.

But enough is enough. Pawlenty has road blocked plenty.

it's way past time to settle it and get to work.

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:08:18 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

But enough is enough. Pawlenty has road blocked plenty.

What did he roadblock?
All I've heard is he could refuse to certify, but that's all been
talk.
Now he's saying he will certify, which just makes it all empty talk.
Talking heads yak, yak, yak.
Make a controversy before it even happens.
Easier than chasing real news.

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

But enough is enough. Pawlenty has road blocked plenty.

What did he roadblock?
All I've heard is he could refuse to certify, but that's all been
talk.

Vic,

Vic, isn't hat the same as "roadblocking?"

wrote:

But enough is enough. Pawlenty has road blocked plenty.

What did he roadblock?
All I've heard is he could refuse to certify, but that's all been
talk.

Vic,

Vic, isn't hat the same as "roadblocking?"

I thought it was Coleman that's been taking it to court and contesting
it. Far as I know Pawlenty has been a bystander.
I don't see him doing any roadblocking.
If I'm wrong, just let me know. Don't follow it closely.

--Vic

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:03:36 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

I thought it was Coleman that's been taking it to court and contesting
it. Far as I know Pawlenty has been a bystander. I don't see him doing
any roadblocking. If I'm wrong, just let me know. Don't follow it
closely.

It's my understanding that Pawlenty is legally bound from signing an
election certification "until the election contest in state court is
completed". It would seem, he is just doing his job.

wrote:

But enough is enough. Pawlenty has road blocked plenty.

What did he roadblock?
All I've heard is he could refuse to certify, but that's all been
talk.
Now he's saying he will certify, which just makes it all empty talk.
Talking heads yak, yak, yak.
Make a controversy before it even happens.
Easier than chasing real news.

--Vic

But going on what? 8 month without a governor? Eh, it seems that we
went for about three years without a senator.

oh well......
HK HK is offline

Gene wrote:
[...]

Well, Coleman can still seek a stay in federal court if his state
supreme court rules against him.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 28, 8:28*pm, HK wrote:
Gene wrote:
[...]

That is if a federal court will give it to him.