HK HK is offline

Default Saving the GOP...

Eisboch wrote:

You know what? You don't know what you are talking about. There is
no way you even bothered to watch or listen to the Tribute that I
linked. It's over 13 minutes long and the tribute doesn't start until
about half way through. You responded to the link within 4 minutes of
me posting it. There's no way you could have even heard it.

I call BS.

Eisboch

I don't have a slow DSL internet connection. I thought the opening was
overly schmaltzy, but the quality of playing did get better. I'd say
your guy "covered" Smith quite well. But he's not as good as Smith was.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"jim1" wrote in message

HK wrote:

Great organist, to be sure, but even though he is playing a tribute
to Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Smith he ain't.

You got all that out of watching the video? WOW

He didn't watch the video. He just commented, as usual.

Eisboch

Bull****. It's quite easy to fast forward through youtube videos.

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

On Jun 12, 9:26*am, HK wrote:

Well, I was "exposed" to that sort of organ playing (but not that level)
at a very young age. *My dad was an advanced amateur organist, and we
always had a Hammond, Wurlitzer or Gulbransen in the living room. The
last organ was another Hammond, with a Leslie speaker that my dad
"stashed" in a corner of the adjacent dining room, much to the annoyance
of my mother. He did his own repairs, too, with boxes of tubes, harmonic
drawbars, et cetera, in the basement.

HA HA HA HA... What a bunch of ****!! Harry googles three organs and
suddenly he had them in the living room. .. snerk I was exposed
as my mom sang all over the east coast professionally. Even now I have
a Lowrey Director in my living room, a real one Harry, not one of your
dad's... Pfffftt... This is great, Harry is going off the deep end
again...

D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yeah?

Top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0nB...om=PL&index=42

She was good, no doubt. Too bad it isn't a B3.

Here's a B3. In fact, in some of the sections of the video, Monaco is
playing the exact B3 I have in the music shop. I have pictures and a
CD of him playing it that came with the organ when I bought it.

He has an interesting background. As a young kid, around the age of 11,
he was learning to play an accordion but contracted some form of a
neurological disease. He totally lost control of the muscles that
control finger movements. He had to relearn, by shear will power, the
ability to control movement of his hands and fingers. Even today if
you watch closely the way he forms chords on the organ keyboard and
attacks the keys is a bit different from what you would normally expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVU_BLow5M

Eisboch

Great organist, to be sure, but even though he is playing a tribute to
Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Smith he ain't.

You know what? You don't know what you are talking about. There is no
way you even bothered to watch or listen to the Tribute that I linked.
It's over 13 minutes long and the tribute doesn't start until about half
way through. You responded to the link within 4 minutes of me posting
it. There's no way you could have even heard it.

I call BS.

Eisboch

You know the response, HE never said he did listen to it.

Well his statement was true. A white guy by a different name is not a
black guy named Jimmy Smith. This Harry Krause guy is not very deep. He
would like us to think he is, though.
HK HK is offline

JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:26 am, HK wrote:

Well, I was "exposed" to that sort of organ playing (but not that level)
at a very young age. My dad was an advanced amateur organist, and we
always had a Hammond, Wurlitzer or Gulbransen in the living room. The
last organ was another Hammond, with a Leslie speaker that my dad
"stashed" in a corner of the adjacent dining room, much to the annoyance
of my mother. He did his own repairs, too, with boxes of tubes, harmonic
drawbars, et cetera, in the basement.

HA HA HA HA... What a bunch of ****!! Harry googles three organs and
suddenly he had them in the living room. .. snerk I was exposed
as my mom sang all over the east coast professionally. Even now I have
a Lowrey Director in my living room, a real one Harry, not one of your
dad's... Pfffftt... This is great, Harry is going off the deep end
again...

*I* didn't have them, **** for brains. My father did. Unlike everyone in
your family, my dad was quite accomplished in a number of areas,
including music and painting.

What has anyone in your lineage every accomplished, other than being
tertiary characters out of Grapes of Wrath?

--
The modern GOP is little more than an army of moral absolutists led by a
gang of moral nihilists.

HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

[...]

His name isn't Jimmy Smith, agreed. But his style, interpretation and
technique is certainly spot on, an opinion shared by most contemporary
jazz musicians. In that "Tribute" he didn't really get carried away
because he was doing the song exactly as Smith did. I've seen and
heard others, including some classic blues that knock your socks
off. I just have a particular fascination with the sound of a
tweaked Hammond B3/Leslie combination. Another unbelievable B3
artist was Billy Preston. He could make his very modified B3 sing.

Gives me goosebumps.

Eisboch

Well, I was "exposed" to that sort of organ playing (but not that level)
at a very young age. My dad was an advanced amateur organist, and we
always had a Hammond, Wurlitzer or Gulbransen in the living room. The
last organ was another Hammond, with a Leslie speaker that my dad
"stashed" in a corner of the adjacent dining room, much to the annoyance
of my mother. He did his own repairs, too, with boxes of tubes, harmonic
drawbars, et cetera, in the basement. Great hobby for him, especially in
the dead of winter, when the boat biz in New Haven was as moribund as
creative thought coming from the GOP. :)

Funny thing...he couldn't read a note of music. He'd buy those "Fake
Books" from Goldie's Music Store in downtown New Haven, and each would
have literally thousands of scores in them. My dad bought the books for
the song titles. He'd play "by ear," and once he heard a song, it was
"his" forever. He knew most of the songs in the books...the titles just
jolted the melodies in his mind.

I think I told you once he got opportunities to sit in during shows of
the local theater organ society, held at the Whalley Theater. I wonder
if the Whalley still exists, and whether it still has its Mighty
Wurlitzer? Do you remember the Whalley? It was the big first-run theater
in New Haven. Large to me then, but by today's standards, not so large,
I bet.

We had another great theater in New Haven, the Loew's Poli. It was
downtown. Very fancy. Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney performed there.
The Poli family had a large mansion on Forest Road in New Haven, and a
huge multi-house enclave out at Woodmont. The house they lived in in the
summer was a convent or religious retreat the last time I saw it.

There you go with your dad again.

On Jun 12, 9:35*am, jim1 wrote:
D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...
"HK" wrote in message
news:4OCdncApHoRm16_XnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yeah?

Top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0nB...List&p=7860F24...

[...]

would like us to think he is, though.- Hide quoted text -

Harry is not man enough to garner the respect of anybody. He is a
proven liar, coward, and an uneducated dolt. Harry has sucked off the
working man all of his life, living on his knees, begging for
scraps.. It's because he has never accomplished anything positive in
his whole life, he needs to make up stories of grandeur and success
when in fact there has been none.

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:04:14 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Richard, I think you are catching on.
--
John H

"BEND OVER - The 'change' is coming!"

On Jun 12, 9:26 am, HK wrote:

[...]

gang of moral nihilists.- Hide quoted text -

Pfftttt. .. My mom was a professional vocalist and sang for pay all
over the country and outside too. She was a genius artist and did
everything from murals to decorating the 6th floor four times a year
at G.Fox and Co for almost a decade. We made all the decorations right
here in the house, some displays took months to build. She studied at
the Hartt school of Music, and did off Broadway plays, as well as
professional theatre around the country. Oh, and she spent almost a
decade as Stage Manager to the Hartford Stage Company. She played
several instruments and "really" played the organ till the very day
she died.. The list goes on, she was a professional artist, and not a
made up one like your dad... Nice try though, you sure are funny when
you make things up... LOL... You wouldn't know art if it bit you in
your fat dirty ass.

On Jun 12, 9:37*am, jim1 wrote:
HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

[...]

There you go with your dad again.- Hide quoted text -

I wonder if his dad got a "fireboat welcome" in NYC when he went there
to play his organ with the NY Philharmonic......

Gas saving tips JohnH General 15 June 17th 06 11:11 AM
Greenpeace saving the reefs - NOT!!! Bert Robbins General 2 November 1st 05 04:05 PM
trailering and saving the transom Chris General 7 June 3rd 05 12:56 AM
Saving Terrorist Souls Vito ASA 1 July 9th 04 08:00 PM
Fuel saving tips Gould 0738 General 55 June 5th 04 11:54 PM