Default Yet another dolphin video

Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:07:51 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

That was refreshing. Amazing how they seem to propel themselves so
effortlessly. Read once that bluefin tuna can hit nearly 40 knots.
Thanks.

--Vic

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:17:33 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

That was refreshing. Amazing how they seem to propel themselves so
effortlessly.

Yes. They seem to be able to extract more energy from the wake than
you'd think possible. That's probably what attracts them to the
boat.

wrote:

Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

That was refreshing. Amazing how they seem to propel themselves so
effortlessly. Read once that bluefin tuna can hit nearly 40 knots.
Thanks.

They have a heat exchanger so they can be warm blooded when making
effort. Hot muscle develops more power. You can watch butterflies
sitting in the sun trying to get warm enough to fly.

Casady

wrote:

Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

That was refreshing. Amazing how they seem to propel themselves so
effortlessly. Read once that bluefin tuna can hit nearly 40 knots.
Thanks.

They have a heat exchanger so they can be warm blooded when making
effort. Hot muscle develops more power. You can watch butterflies
sitting in the sun trying to get warm enough to fly.

I think I first read of their speed in a news account when one ended
up high and dry on a crowded NJ beach.
Went full speed through the bathers without hitting anybody.
Which is good, since it weighed about 500 pounds.
Probably crazy, or running from a shark.

--Vic

wrote:

Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

That's not bad - a little pixelation, but that may be the Youtube
conversion algorithym.

What's the native resolution on that Fip recorder?

wrote:
Taken last evening in Pine Island Sound using a $50 Flip Vid camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAH8NJ7CP0

That's not bad - a little pixelation, but that may be the Youtube
conversion algorithym.

What's the native resolution on that Fip recorder?

I found this, Tom

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...specs.II.shtml

Says the HD ones in the Mino and Ultra are 1280X720 and non-HD's are
640X480.

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:43:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I found this, Tom

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...specs.II.shtml

Says the HD ones in the Mino and Ultra are 1280X720 and non-HD's are
640X480.

Mine is the El Cheapo 640x480, inexpensive enough to leave on the boat
and not worry about it. I'm in the process of uploading some of the
HD video that I took in Alaska last month using a Canon HF100. They
look stunning here at home, interesting to see how they turn out on
YouTube.

Stay tuned.

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:14:46 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:43:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I found this, Tom

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...specs.II.shtml

Says the HD ones in the Mino and Ultra are 1280X720 and non-HD's are
640X480.

Mine is the El Cheapo 640x480, inexpensive enough to leave on the boat
and not worry about it. I'm in the process of uploading some of the
HD video that I took in Alaska last month using a Canon HF100. They
look stunning here at home, interesting to see how they turn out on
YouTube.

Stay tuned.

Yeah - I'll be interested in that. I've done some experiments with HD
video on Youtube and their conversion process is pretty good for HD.

640X480 you can sometimes see some pixelation, but that depends on the
streaming data rate too, so it's not always their fault.

U.S.Army COE - DOLPHIN II 8-06a.jpg Canal Lee Tall Ship Photos 0 April 20th 08 11:19 PM
Impressive Video showing .50 caliber sniper rifle video on targets in Afghanistan HarryKrause General 1 July 10th 05 06:00 PM
Dolphin Dinghies Roger Long Cruising 0 April 12th 05 01:39 AM
$95,000 artificial fin for dolphin Capt. Neal® ASA 12 November 28th 04 12:44 AM
Dolphin Boats Ltd. ez Cruising 0 July 27th 04 04:26 AM