Default Moron...

You know, I can understand - lackluster economy, people needing to
sell their stuff, good deals to be had and all that.

As you know, I've been thinking of selling my Ranger and I've had it
for sale for a couple of months - good price, four years left on the
engine warranty, I just updated the trailer, the bottom was redone,
new hard top on the T-top and the electronics all redone. I'm not
asking a lot of money for it either - $18,500 and everything is
included in the deal. And as anybody who has seen the boat can tell
you, it's in mint condition - almost showroom.

I have a couple of guys interested in it and one came over this
morning to look at it. Took him out on the local lake at the bottom of
the road, he's impressed. We came back and he's looking again - I'm
thinking hey, maybe he really wants it.

Offers me $9k for it cash.

I told him to pound sand and get the hell off my property. Ok, maybe
not exactly in those words, but the efffect was the same.

Get this - the guy says "hey, I can buy one in Georgia for that kind
of money." Well, I happen to know that the boat for sale in Georgia,
an exact sister ship to mine except for the engine, is listed for $22K
and the seller is holding firm - and his engine is older and out of
warranty.

So I told him - well, go buy it then. I'm not interested.

Guy says - you have to sell it it, that's my best offer.

I say - Wrongo sport. I don't have to sell it, I want to sell it
because I want a bass boat and Mrs. Wave will not allow me to expand
the fleet beyond three boats I already own.

He says - Well, it's a standing offer.

I say - You're going to standing there for a long time then - probably
forever.

Jerk.

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:57:08 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

[...]

Hope that wasn't your brother-in-law.
Same happened to me once with a car.
First offer was an insult and I told him to get lost.
Called my hard-up neighbor over and said,
"Here, take this car. It's yours."
Can't say it was mint though.
More like taffy.

--Vic

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
[...]

You have more patience than I do.
I'd make it clear to him that his offer is way too low..and if he persisted
after that, I'd take it as a personal insult that he would think of me as
that dumb or desperate.
Then I'd really let him know what I thought of him and his offer and
probably wouldn't sell to him even if he suddenly became more reasonable.

HK wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
[...]

I hear he's looking for a boat to use as a flower pot. Yours might be
perfect with the excellent drainage through the transom. Give Tom a
call. You need a fishing boat and Tom needs a flower pot. Maybe you guys
can strike up a trade deal.

On Jun 2, 9:10*am, HK wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
[...]

Oh, dear.- Hide quoted text -

Harry's calling Tom "dear"? Don will surely be jealous.

wrote:
On Jun 2, 9:10 am, HK wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
[...]

Harry likes to talk tough, but every once in a while, one of his gay
expressions slips out.

Don White wrote:
I'd take it as a personal insult that he would think of me as
that dumb or desperate.

I can understand why you would think that. I am sure it happens often.
--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects
MMC MMC is offline

[...]

Know what you mean. I had a guy hand me a zerox copy of a pic of a ragged
out AMF Harley, not saying a word, when he came to look at a 32' unfinished
(but brand new hardware, rigging and engine) sailboat I was selling for
$19k. I said "nice" and handed it back.
He got pretty preturbed after he explained that was his offer and I politely
declined "cash, no trades". I was polite and didn't say his putt wasn't
worth a tenth of what I was asking for the boat to me. I guess it was a
diamond to him but just a lump of coal to me.

jps jps is offline

Are you subbing on **** patrol today? 4 hour watch?

Moron Award... Scotty ASA 9 April 29th 06 04:53 AM
Moron of the Week Bobsprit ASA 5 June 28th 04 12:14 AM
The True Moron Bobsprit ASA 1 June 26th 04 08:55 PM
West Moron Bill Andersen Electronics 13 October 2nd 03 04:07 AM
Bush the Moron Bobsprit ASA 28 July 9th 03 02:47 AM