Default gps

From son in law:

Yes, it's true. The main problem is Boeing's delay of their Block IIF
satellites. The AF is planning to buy 12 of them.

IIF was originally supposed to launch in 2000.... then 2004..... now late
2009 (optimistically).

It's not all Boeing's fault. The Gov't caused a lot of problems with
requirements creep, ill defined needs, and late design changes. You can
read the GAO report online. It' has all the gory detail.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...
From son in law:

Yes, it's true. The main problem is Boeing's delay of their Block IIF
satellites. The AF is planning to buy 12 of them.

IIF was originally supposed to launch in 2000.... then 2004..... now late
2009 (optimistically).

It's not all Boeing's fault. The Gov't caused a lot of problems with
requirements creep, ill defined needs, and late design changes. You can
read the GAO report online. It' has all the gory detail.

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

Eisboch

On Wed, 20 May 2009 02:46:50 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

There 'ya go - Tubes.

WHOO HOO!!!

~~ From a radio Luddite ~~

wrote:

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

There 'ya go - Tubes.

WHOO HOO!!!

~~ From a radio Luddite ~~

Last Loran I had did not have Valves.

On Wed, 20 May 2009 17:25:21 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

There 'ya go - Tubes.

WHOO HOO!!!

~~ From a radio Luddite ~~

Last Loran I had did not have Valves.

You know - you could make the argument that transistors are nothing
more than solid state vacuum tubes.

Which would make them valves.

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters
and
keep 'em running for a while.

There 'ya go - Tubes.

WHOO HOO!!!

~~ From a radio Luddite ~~

Last Loran I had did not have Valves.

You know - you could make the argument that transistors are nothing
more than solid state vacuum tubes.

Which would make them valves.

True, but in conventional wisdom, tubes are valves, transistors are simply
"solid state".

For Calif Bill's benefit, I wasn't referring to a LORAN receiver which is
most assuredly solid state.
I was speaking of the transmitters that are very likely to still use big old
vacuum tube power amp outputs.

Eisboch

wrote:

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters
and
keep 'em running for a while.

There 'ya go - Tubes.

WHOO HOO!!!

~~ From a radio Luddite ~~

Last Loran I had did not have Valves.

You know - you could make the argument that transistors are nothing
more than solid state vacuum tubes.

Which would make them valves.

Heat up that xsister and you have neither

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...
From son in law:

Yes, it's true. The main problem is Boeing's delay of their Block IIF
satellites. The AF is planning to buy 12 of them.

IIF was originally supposed to launch in 2000.... then 2004..... now late
2009 (optimistically).

It's not all Boeing's fault. The Gov't caused a lot of problems with
requirements creep, ill defined needs, and late design changes. You can
read the GAO report online. It' has all the gory detail.

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

Eisboch

They'd probably have to get the "tubes" from Russia.

jps jps is offline

On Wed, 20 May 2009 06:16:28 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...
From son in law:

Yes, it's true. The main problem is Boeing's delay of their Block IIF
satellites. The AF is planning to buy 12 of them.

IIF was originally supposed to launch in 2000.... then 2004..... now late
2009 (optimistically).

It's not all Boeing's fault. The Gov't caused a lot of problems with
requirements creep, ill defined needs, and late design changes. You can
read the GAO report online. It' has all the gory detail.

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

Eisboch

They'd probably have to get the "tubes" from Russia.

Ted Stevens knows all about tubes and lives right across the pond from
Russia.

On May 20, 6:16*am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...
From son in law:

Yes, it's true. *The main problem is Boeing's delay of their Block IIF
satellites. *The AF is planning to buy 12 of them.

IIF was originally supposed to launch in 2000.... then 2004..... now late
2009 (optimistically).

It's not all Boeing's fault. *The Gov't caused a lot of problems with
requirements creep, ill defined needs, and late design changes. *You can
read the GAO report online. *It' has all the gory detail.

I think they should put new tubes in the old LORAN system transmitters and
keep 'em running for a while.

Eisboch

They'd probably have to get the "tubes" from Russia.

You obviously don't know where to buy tubes......