BoatBanter.com

-   -   Pirate Hunting (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/106065-re-pirate-hunting.html)

Canuck57[_7_] May 18th 09 08:32 PM

Pirate Hunting

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Richard Casady May 18th 09 09:15 PM

Pirate Hunting

On Mon, 18 May 2009 13:32:53 -0600, "Canuck57"
wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Not bad. Not as good as the bonsai kittens, but not bad.

Casady

Wizard of Woodstock May 18th 09 09:20 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Not bad. Not as good as the bonsai kittens, but not bad.

I cracked up on the testimonials.

"I haven't had this much fun since flying choppers in NAM . Don't
worry about getting shot by pirates as they never even got close to
the ship with those weapons they use and their ****ty aim--reminds me
of a drunken 'juicer' door gunner we picked up from the motor pool
back in Nam" -- 'chopper' Dan, Toledo USA.

ROTFL!!

Richard Casady May 18th 09 10:16 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Yeah, sure. To quote

" If an attempted hijacking does not occur, we will turn the boat
around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days
making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia."

You can do the math, the speed required is about 125 kts, since the
coast is a thousand miles long. At four, you can cover 32 miles of
coast. Of course you pick a different 32miles each trip. I wonder how
long it would take for the entire piracy industry to wise up. Maybe
lease a different ship for each trip.

Vic Smith May 18th 09 10:27 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Yeah, sure. To quote

" If an attempted hijacking does not occur, we will turn the boat
around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days
making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia."

You can do the math, the speed required is about 125 kts, since the
coast is a thousand miles long. At four, you can cover 32 miles of
coast. Of course you pick a different 32miles each trip. I wonder how
long it would take for the entire piracy industry to wise up. Maybe
lease a different ship for each trip.

Party-pooper.
Hey, once there were about 15 little girls in my basement for a
daughter's birthday party.
I came down to see how they were doing, and just then they all started
screaming. My mutt had taken a big dump a few feet from the table.
I said "Casey, what a party-pooper you are!"
Cracked them up.

--Vic

Calif Bill[_2_] May 18th 09 10:44 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Not bad. Not as good as the bonsai kittens, but not bad.

I cracked up on the testimonials.

"I haven't had this much fun since flying choppers in NAM . Don't
worry about getting shot by pirates as they never even got close to
the ship with those weapons they use and their ****ty aim--reminds me
of a drunken 'juicer' door gunner we picked up from the motor pool
back in Nam" -- 'chopper' Dan, Toledo USA.

ROTFL!!

All the testimonials were glowing!!!

Wizard of Woodstock May 18th 09 11:03 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Yeah, sure. To quote

" If an attempted hijacking does not occur, we will turn the boat
around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days
making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia."

You can do the math, the speed required is about 125 kts, since the
coast is a thousand miles long. At four, you can cover 32 miles of
coast. Of course you pick a different 32miles each trip. I wonder how
long it would take for the entire piracy industry to wise up. Maybe
lease a different ship for each trip.

~~ sigh ~~

There's one in every crowd. :)

Wizard of Woodstock May 18th 09 11:03 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

[...]

Now that's funny.

Although...come to think of it... :)

John H[_2_] May 18th 09 11:18 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than a Disney Cruise!
--

John H

Don White May 18th 09 11:48 PM

Pirate Hunting

wrote:

"SaPeIsMa" wrote in message

Free Enterprise at work
http://www.somalicruises.com/

Might be fun. Had to happen sooner or later. Good hunting.

Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than a Disney Cruise!
--

John H

...and if that works out, maybe you can organize a Moto Guzzler tour of the
Mexico border area.
What do you think... a 2 bag limit on the illegals?