Default Heh - well, isn't this interesting.

"And I’d like to interject a note of balance here. There are times
when we all get in high dudgeon. We ought to be reasonable about this.
I think there are probably very few people in this room or in America
who would say that torture should never, ever be used, particularly if
thousands of lives are at stake.

Take the hypothetical: If we knew that there was a nuclear bomb hidden
in an American city and we believed that some kind of torture, fairly
severe maybe, would give us a chance of finding that bomb before it
went off, my guess is most Americans and most senators, maybe all,
would say, Do what you have to do.

So it’s easy to sit back in the armchair and say that torture can
never be used. But when you’re in the foxhole, it’s a very different
deal."

Senator Chuck Schumer, June 8, 2004

On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:13:28 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

So itÂ’s easy to sit back in the armchair and say that torture can

never
be used. But when youÂ’re in the foxhole, itÂ’s a very different deal."

Senator Chuck Schumer, June 8, 2004

What would Schumer know about being in a foxhole?

It's just a tactic, kind of like Lobsta' Boats and German/American
screwdrivers... Soundbites for elections. Remember Hillary's personal
firefight? I think the congress should be spending it's time finding
out why 1-2/3 of soldiers votes were not counted in the last election,
or why gas is up to $2.50 again. Remember, Pelosi said that was going
to be job 1 when she took the lead.. It has been a disaster ever
since, companies can't even plan ahead because of the volatility...
That's what's important, not who you can "Scooter Libby/Trent Lott,
Newt Gingrich" out of an office...

Senator Chuck Schumer, June 8, 2004

What would Schumer know about being in a foxhole?

At least as much as Cheney.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 09:25:36 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

why gas is up to $2.50 again.

That would be because you live in Connecticut. ;-) It's still right at
$2.00 hereabouts.

Senator Chuck Schumer, June 8, 2004

What would Schumer know about being in a foxhole?

Got me - I assume that he knows if he said it. :)

The point, I think, is that the CIA and the Bush administration got
much different feedback on Congressional expectations for securing the
nation from another devastating terrorist attack.

That mandate got reinforced in Congressional briefings on the EITs,
where people like Nancy Pelosi not only never objected, but some of
them asked whether the CIA was being tough enough on Abu Zubaydah,
Ramzi Binalshibh, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. The only one who did
object is Jane Harman and she said so openly.

If accountability is to be imposed, let it be imposed across the board
- let's not single out the Bush Administration if it's found to be a
criminal action.

Hyprocrisy on this issue is rampant. Compare and contrast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bg6Zs6vcws
HK HK is offline

thunder wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 09:25:36 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

why gas is up to $2.50 again.

That would be because you live in Connecticut. ;-) It's still right at
$2.00 hereabouts.

I filled up Yo Ho's tank yesterday, 71 gallons at $2.05 a gallon.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:30:21 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

If accountability is to be imposed, let it be imposed across the board -
let's not single out the Bush Administration if it's found to be a
criminal action.

Works for me, but, frankly, I'd settle for just Cheney. The SOB just
can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Oh, and I'm still waiting for
Hannity's waterboarding for charity. That would be pay for view at it's
finest. ;-)
HK HK is offline

thunder wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:30:21 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

If accountability is to be imposed, let it be imposed across the board -
let's not single out the Bush Administration if it's found to be a
criminal action.

Works for me, but, frankly, I'd settle for just Cheney. The SOB just
can't seem to keep his mouth shut. Oh, and I'm still waiting for
Hannity's waterboarding for charity. That would be pay for view at it's
finest. ;-)

Kind of funny that Tommy wants to spread around "punishment" for
decisions entirely within the purview of the Bush mis-Administration.

Interesting OT Gordon Cruising 0 January 10th 08 11:38 PM
Well that was interesting... NOYB General 2 October 27th 06 03:31 AM
A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
Interesting take on 911. Capt. Rob ASA 8 May 6th 06 02:54 AM
Interesting take on 911. Capt. JG ASA 2 May 4th 06 04:14 PM