HK HK is offline

Default Tommy's Party Leaders

Cheney Says He Favors Limbaugh Over Powell as Model Republican

By Elliot Blair Smith

May 10 (Bloomberg) -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Republicans
are better served by conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh than by
former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

“My take on it was Colin had already left the party,” Cheney said on
CBS’s “Face the Nation,” noting that Republican Powell endorsed
President Barack Obama, a Democrat, during the 2008 presidential
campaign. “I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty.”

Cheney, 68, clashed with Powell, 72, a retired four-star general, over
tactics in the war on terrorism during former President George W. Bush’s
administration.

Asked if he would “take Rush Limbaugh over Colin Powell,” Cheney said,
“I would.”

- - -

Fortunately, Tommy's party is heading out to the dumpster.