Tim Tim is offline

Default filthy pirates.....

still crude arms but uping the ante' for violence.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...4-H2wD97TURP80
Tim Tim is offline

On May 2, 11:24*am, Tim wrote:
still crude arms but uping the ante' for violence.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...EDuCwwY9ncDOtP...

hmmm, maybe the brits will take a bigger hand in getting rid of the
scum now that they've lost a ship to the Somalians.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/...5811241280128/

One thing that gets me, though. Is why did they go to the trouble of
blowing up the pirates explosives etc, when they could have simply
thrown them (the dynomite and guns, not the pirates) into the drink?

"Tim" wrote in message
On May 2, 11:24 am, Tim wrote:
still crude arms but uping the ante' for violence.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...EDuCwwY9ncDOtP...

hmmm, maybe the brits will take a bigger hand in getting rid of the
scum now that they've lost a ship to the Somalians.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/...5811241280128/

One thing that gets me, though. Is why did they go to the trouble of
blowing up the pirates explosives etc, when they could have simply
thrown them (the dynomite and guns, not the pirates) into the drink?

Conflicting reports. The first link said the pirates that had the
dynamite, etc. were released.
The second link says they were taken into custody.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/...eize-British-s...

One thing that gets me, though. Is why did they go to the trouble of
blowing up the pirates explosives etc, when they could have simply
thrown them (the dynomite and guns, not the pirates) into the drink?

Conflicting reports. * The first link said the pirates that had the
dynamite, etc. were released.
The second link says they were taken into custody.

Eisboch

huh? I didn't notice that. thanks for pointing that out, Richard.

"Tim" wrote in message
still crude arms but uping the ante' for violence.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...4-H2wD97TURP80

Blows my mind that they let them go. Screwy legal issues. Seems like a
NATO ship of any nationality should be able to hold them regardless of who
the pirates attacked.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

On May 2, 11:42*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

still crude arms but uping the ante' for violence.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...EDuCwwY9ncDOtP...

Blows my mind that they let them go. * Screwy legal issues. * Seems like a
NATO ship of any nationality should be able to hold them regardless of who
the pirates attacked.

Eisboch

I agree. it's obvious that they're not out of a fishing expedition.
Tim Tim is offline

this report is more comprehensive, I believe:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_on_re_af/piracy

of course, events change by the hour if not by the minute....

On May 2, 12:47*pm, Tim wrote:
this report is more comprehensive, I believe:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_on_re_af/piracy

of course, events change by the hour if not by the minute....

Of course they do. However it is exciting to see that the pirates
still got away with a Pakistani vessel, while the French were cleaning
pirates out of another venture.

http://news.aol.com/article/pirates-seized-near-kenya/462608?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fpirates-seized-near-kenya%2F462608

But it may be of good International relations to see that the South
Koreans saved a North Korean ship from capture.

Pirates again.... [email protected] General 0 July 4th 06 01:33 PM
Pirates vs USN Vito ASA 1 March 20th 06 06:00 PM
pirates jlrogers ASA 1 November 27th 05 01:47 PM