WildestDream

Default getting sparkplugs out of 93 351ci. spitfire omc

the exaust manifolds are in the way on all the plugs, it has a tube on the
bottom of manifole that runs across, all 1 piece, can't even slip a socket
on any? do u have to remove manifold to access? I don't think they were ever
changed if that had to be done. just bought the boat last yr. here is my
manifold.
http://216.37.204.206/Actionsports/O...pe=13&A=48&B=5 thanks

Calif Bill

Get yourself down to a good tool supply store. Not the less than a dollar
wrench store. look through the 5/8" box end wrench (6 point preferred for
rusty plugs) for one with a deep offset. I think mine is a Snap-On brand
wrench. This means you can get to the sparkplug. I have removed the
manifold (not hard to do, just pull it away from the motor, and leave the
elbow intact. Do not use Motocraft plugs!!!! They are not plated and will
rust to the head. Then when they break, you have to buy a BIG easy-out to
back out the remains, and possibly remove the head to remove the extra
parts. I use NGK. My 351W does not have the tube.
Bill

"WildestDream" wrote in message
.net...
the exaust manifolds are in the way on all the plugs, it has a tube on the
bottom of manifole that runs across, all 1 piece, can't even slip a socket
on any? do u have to remove manifold to access? I don't think they were

ever
changed if that had to be done. just bought the boat last yr. here is my
manifold.
http://216.37.204.206/Actionsports/O...pe=13&A=48&B=5

thanks

Steve Barker

Motorcraft plugs work fine when you apply anti-seize compound as you should
to any plug anyway.

--
Steve
=======================
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

WildestDream

thankes Bill and Steve, Bill I had a NGK almost blow a plug out too, on a
1000 Kawasaki Bike. anybody familiar with this manifold
http://216.37.204.206/Actionsports/O...pe=13&A=48&B=5
Thanks P.S. antisieze sounds good, think I have Champion though,man
they are expensive, $32 for 8.

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Actually, yes. Motorcraft plugs work fine when you apply anti-seize

compound
as you should
to any plug anyway.

--
Steve

=======================
Remove the not dot from my address to abuse my email box
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news
Actually no. The dang unplated body with the least bit of moisture

rusts,
and builds up rust to the head, where you have both a hard time getting

wrench on and also weakening the shell where it rounds off. Twice I had
major problems using the Motocrafts. Once involved removing the head.

And
the NGK's run better. Have had a Motocraft spit the whole ceramic

center
out. Luckily was only about a mile out of berkeley and could limp back

on
the kicker. The Large Easy-out works good in this situation.
Bill

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Motorcraft plugs work fine when you apply anti-seize compound as you

should
to any plug anyway.

--
Steve
Remove the not dot from my address to abuse my email box
nk.net...