BoatBanter.com

-   -   Chrysler (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/104164-re-chrysler.html)

[email protected] April 16th 09 02:52 AM

Chrysler

On Apr 15, 4:03*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 15, 8:11 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

You know they are in trouble when Fiat is getting cold feet about a
merger.

Another one about to bite the dust.

Eisboch

They've threatened to pull out of Canada if they don't " get what they
want".Fiat has most likely looked at the Management (as ****ty as it
is ) and are nervous. The CAW has said if that happens, they'll never
sell another car in Canada.
Besides, the Canadian employees do more work, with less injury....

---------------------------

You spinmiesters crack me up. * *Go read the announcement by Fiat.
It specifically states that they want the UAW and CAW to get in line with
the pay and benefit packages typical of Toyota and Honda. * It also states
that the strongest opposition to the *Fiat requirements are coming from the
CAW. *So far, the CAW won't budge. *Pretty soon they will be out of a job.

Eisboch

And I guarantee you....it will be nasty. We may need to call in our 12
man Armed Forces . Let em' bust the unions, or try......it would be
disastrous. Imagine....being paid a 70s wage in the year 2010...with
the cost of living NOT dropping . Did you read what I wrote...or just
the first few lines?

Canuck57[_6_] April 17th 09 01:09 AM

Chrysler

wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:52:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Imagine....being paid a 70s wage in the year 2010...with
the cost of living NOT dropping . Did you read what I wrote...or just
the first few lines?

I think the choice is going to be a wage that reflects the skill level
or no wage at all. There is a guy in Tennessee who will do what a UAW
guy gets $40 an hour doing, for $20. We don't even have to bring up
Mexico.

But Mexico will do it for much less than $10.

Richard Casady April 17th 09 05:23 PM

Chrysler

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:09:20 -0600, "Canuck57"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:52:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Imagine....being paid a 70s wage in the year 2010...with
the cost of living NOT dropping . Did you read what I wrote...or just
the first few lines?

I think the choice is going to be a wage that reflects the skill level
or no wage at all. There is a guy in Tennessee who will do what a UAW
guy gets $40 an hour doing, for $20. We don't even have to bring up
Mexico.

But Mexico will do it for much less than $10.

Best car I ever had was a 1988 Mercury Tracer. It was actually a
Mazda, and was made in Mexico, but it was an American car. Said so on
the badge.

Casady