Default 2 days, 2 sales.

Sold two boats in 2 days. Beats my record of selling the Navigator and the
Grand Banks within 2 weeks of each other.

The 40 footer is under agreement subject to survey and sea trial. Should
be gone by the end of this month. It's a decent boat, but I never really
"bonded" to it. Not really my style.

Today I sold the little 17' SailFish CC that I had "sold" to my older
son's father-in-law about 10 years ago. He's been using it on a lake in NH,
but has no more interest, so he gave it back to me.

It's a great little boat. Very stable. I half considered keeping it and
repowering it, but I doubt I'd use it much. I am not into trailering boats
around anymore.

So, now the search begins anew. Can't be boatless, but am going to take my
time and decide what I really want and then look around for a decent one.
Right now I am inclined towards a smaller boat .... somewhere around 29-30
foot, but I also have an itch for another trawler type. I am sorta
kicking myself for selling the Grand Banks. It was a fun boat.

I was talking to the broker at Kingman Yacht Center this morning. He said
that boat buying activity has really started picking up recently. Sign of
a recovery? Hope so.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

I will be real disappointed if you don't have a boat by the time I get
there. Might be bringing a car with me instead of the bike. The bride is
getting tired of the bike. You know the song "Happy Wife Happy Life"
Please don't mention dates on line. I need to keep the pirates off guard.

"Jim22208" wrote in message

I will be real disappointed if you don't have a boat by the time I get
there. Might be bringing a car with me instead of the bike. The bride is
getting tired of the bike. You know the song "Happy Wife Happy Life"
Please don't mention dates on line. I need to keep the pirates off guard.

Crap. The pressure is on already.

BTW .... I don't have the Harley anymore either.
Getting smart in my old age. Down to my '65 VW Bus and a Mustang GT for
fun.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"Jim22208" wrote in message

I will be real disappointed if you don't have a boat by the time I get
there. Might be bringing a car with me instead of the bike. The bride
is getting tired of the bike. You know the song "Happy Wife Happy
Life" Please don't mention dates on line. I need to keep the pirates
off guard.

Crap. The pressure is on already.

BTW .... I don't have the Harley anymore either.
Getting smart in my old age. Down to my '65 VW Bus and a Mustang GT for
fun.

Eisboch

I see your boy Florida Jim is still paranoid... nice to see.

--
Palin & Bachmann in 2012 -
All Stupidity All the Time

Eisboch wrote:

"Jim22208" wrote in message

I will be real disappointed if you don't have a boat by the time I get
there. Might be bringing a car with me instead of the bike. The bride
is getting tired of the bike. You know the song "Happy Wife Happy
Life" Please don't mention dates on line. I need to keep the pirates
off guard.

Crap. The pressure is on already.

BTW .... I don't have the Harley anymore either.
Getting smart in my old age. Down to my '65 VW Bus and a Mustang GT for
fun.

Eisboch

Not even a Porche? Did you ever get in touch with the VW collector in
Oregon?

"Jim22208" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

"Jim22208" wrote in message

I will be real disappointed if you don't have a boat by the time I get
there. Might be bringing a car with me instead of the bike. The bride is
getting tired of the bike. You know the song "Happy Wife Happy Life"
Please don't mention dates on line. I need to keep the pirates off
guard.

Crap. The pressure is on already.

BTW .... I don't have the Harley anymore either.
Getting smart in my old age. Down to my '65 VW Bus and a Mustang GT for
fun.

Eisboch

Not even a Porche? Did you ever get in touch with the VW collector in
Oregon?

My older son has the Porsche now. He wouldn't stop drooling over it, so I
gave it to him.

I don't remember the VW guy in Oregon. The bus I have flunked inspection
last
fall because it needs new tie-rods and bushings in the front end. The guy
I go to
is usually pretty forgiving about some things, but I have to agree with him,
when he jacked it up and wiggled the front tires around it scared the crap
out of me.

I drove it home with the big "R" sticker in the window and stuck it in the
garage for the winter.
Yesterday I went down to a foreign car repair shop not far from me and they
said they could fix it up for me. So, Monday I will drive it down there for
repairs.

The bus is a blast. 65 mph wide open. About 5 feet in first gear,
another 20 feet in second, then it's home to the races in third and forth.

Eisboch

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:03:27 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

The bus is a blast. 65 mph wide open. About 5 feet in first gear,
another 20 feet in second, then it's home to the races in third and forth.

I drove my cousins 50's bus and it had a top speed of 55. With much
headwind, it was faster in third.

Casady
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

If you aren't into long voyages, but want comfort and something easy to
handle, take a look at the new Mainship 31s. I sure am. :)

--
Palin & Bachmann in 2012 -
All Stupidity All the Time

On Apr 10, 3:21*pm, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

[...]

All Stupidity All the Time- Hide quoted text -

But after you got caught lying about your lobster boat, you stated
that you only boat to get to where the fishing is.......
I'm expecting no response.....

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:27:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

But after you got caught lying about your lobster boat, you stated
that you only boat to get to where the fishing is.......

And he got rid of the Parker 24 because he couldn't afford to run it.

Garage Sales Joe ASA 4 July 19th 04 11:28 PM
Are sales of Mac 26 down the tubes? JAXAshby ASA 54 April 17th 04 02:22 PM
Epoxy sales carlp Boat Building 11 October 11th 03 08:57 PM
sales tax on used/new boat? jim General 5 August 18th 03 08:54 PM