Default VUE vs CRV

Anybody looked at these. Pros and cons?

"jim78565" wrote in message
Anybody looked at these. Pros and cons?

I have heard Vue mileage sucks. CRV looks to be a little smaller than the
VUE and lower seats. We looked at the KIA Sorrento, ok mileage, but not
great. The Camry, too small for people that are 6' tall at least.
Highlander, bigger, and not neat styling. Wife chose the Venza. So far
after a week, the mixed town and highway mileage is about 20.5 mpg.

Calif Bill wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Anybody looked at these. Pros and cons?

I have heard Vue mileage sucks. CRV looks to be a little smaller than the
VUE and lower seats. We looked at the KIA Sorrento, ok mileage, but not
great. The Camry, too small for people that are 6' tall at least.
Highlander, bigger, and not neat styling. Wife chose the Venza. So far
after a week, the mixed town and highway mileage is about 20.5 mpg.

I need something that can be towed 4 down without adding a Remco
xmission fluid pump. I want auto transmission. Weight is an issue. (more
weight=less fuel economy for the "bus").

"jim78565" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Anybody looked at these. Pros and cons?

I have heard Vue mileage sucks. CRV looks to be a little smaller than
the VUE and lower seats. We looked at the KIA Sorrento, ok mileage, but
not great. The Camry, too small for people that are 6' tall at least.
Highlander, bigger, and not neat styling. Wife chose the Venza. So far
after a week, the mixed town and highway mileage is about 20.5 mpg.

I need something that can be towed 4 down without adding a Remco xmission
fluid pump. I want auto transmission. Weight is an issue. (more
weight=less fuel economy for the "bus").

Some sources rate the Honda CRV at the top of the pack..slightly over the
RAV4 and the Subaru Forester.
Consumer Reports has it in 3rd place because the recent re-styling
compromised rear vision..something important to me in a congested older city
with narrow streets. It's a bit smaller and more 'car like' than the Toyota.
Since reliability over the long haul is important to me, there would be no
contest between your two candidates. The Honda is rated as much better than
average...same as the RAV4

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
[...]

I'll have to look at the rear vision issue. That's one reason I'm
pushing to get the bride out of the car she has.

"Jim22208" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
[...]

I found the Forester excellent for rear view angles. The reason I flipped
to the RAV4 was the reliability rating.
Much better than avg vs average for the Forester.
As far as money...you'll probably get a better deal on the Vue..*but* the
CRV will hold it's value much better...as least it does up here.

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
[...]

When did he say anything about a POS RAV 4?
No Name

Huuuuuuuh? (Tim The Toolman inquisitive groan)