Default OT Confiscatory taxation

The following was sent to the newspaper and several Senators.

I could not believe that the Senate was even going to consider the
confiscatory taxation bill that pelosi's house passed today. Anytime
that the Government of the United States singles out a specific group of
people and taxes their income at a 90% tax rate, it is wrong. These
bonuses were given with the full approval of the Senate, House, and
obama. Now that the company is doing what the Democrats gave them
permission to do, the US government is singling them out for
confiscatory taxes. If anyone would read the Constitution they would
find that singling out a group of people for this type of legislation is
also unconstitutional.

Retention bonuses have been given by companies for centuries to maintain
their staff when the company faces uncertain economic futures. They
have also been given to contract workers as incentive to stay in the
position until the contract is completed. There is nothing wrong with
retention bonuses and they were needed by AIG to keep their staff from
going to other companies. Because the company did not want to be
stripped of its staff, the government is going to penalize those
employees for staying and helping AIG return to a healthy company.

Apparently the president and people in leadership positions in the
senate and house have no concept of what to do about the economic
problems the country is facing today and are using every minor excuse to
divert the public's attention from their failures.

All of these actions by the government are based on the whims of the
people. If the polls said that the people who received those bonuses
should be hanged, would the congress pass laws to implement those
hangings? This is what the government is doing to the American people
with the 90% taxation of the bonuses. This is a republic where people
with the knowledge and Common Sense to govern the country are elected to
write and approve legislation for the common good. We are not a
democracy where the people in the government rule by summarizing the
polls of their constituents.

Those people in congress who are there to promote the common good of the
people of America must band together and sponsor legislation that will
remove the tax burden from the American people and revise the rules and
regulations that are restricting the American economy. They are not
there to single out groups for destructive legislation.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:04:59 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

The following was sent to the newspaper and several Senators.

I could not believe that the Senate was even going to consider the
confiscatory taxation bill that pelosi's house passed today.

Why not? Hell, half of the Republicans supported Pelosi.
She must be gaining popularity there.
You have to adjust your credulity.

All of these actions by the government are based on the whims of the
people. If the polls said that the people who received those bonuses
should be hanged, would the congress pass laws to implement those
hangings?

It is terrible what were coming to. If this bad stuff continues we'll
end up torturing people.
They already threw that sweet Bernie Maddof fellow in jail for life.
He wouldn't harm a fly. Now they're going after his wife.
It's getting pretty scary, for sure.

Those people in congress who are there to promote the common good of the
people of America must band together and sponsor legislation that will
remove the tax burden from the American people and revise the rules and
regulations that are restricting the American economy. They are not
there to single out groups for destructive legislation.

Why not? How else do they get re-elected?
The *******s single me out every year with that stupid freedom of
speech stuff that allows Geico commercials. It's all lies, all of it.
Lizards can't talk, and I know it. Yet they make it talk, and expect
me to watch that sick garbage.
I'm about ready to move to Guatemala, maybe even Panama.

--Vic

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:30:20 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

They already threw that sweet Bernie Maddof fellow in jail for life.
He wouldn't harm a fly. Now they're going after his wife.

The best way to insure that Bernie rots in hell is to take all of his
wife's assets. :-)

Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

They already threw that sweet Bernie Maddof fellow in jail for life.
He wouldn't harm a fly. Now they're going after his wife.

The best way to insure that Bernie rots in hell is to take all of his
wife's assets. :-)

You betcha. She would make Hell seem like a country club.
Senior Member

On Mar 19, 11:12*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:18:38 -0400, Wayne.B

wrote:

They already threw that sweet Bernie Maddof fellow in jail for life.
He wouldn't harm a fly. *Now they're going after his wife.

The best way to insure that Bernie rots in hell is to take all of his
wife's assets. * :-)

No the best way to make the last years of his miserable life more
miserable is to throw his wife in the cell with him.
Imagine looking forward to a lifetime of bitching, moaning and "I told
you so Bernie". *
He would be swinging from the bars on his belt in a week.

I like John's quote.. Obama lied and the Economy died...

wrote:

They already threw that sweet Bernie Maddof fellow in jail for life.
He wouldn't harm a fly. �Now they're going after his wife.

The best way to insure that Bernie rots in hell is to take all of his
wife's assets. � :-)

No the best way to make the last years of his miserable life more
miserable is to throw his wife in the cell with him.
Imagine looking forward to a lifetime of bitching, moaning and "I told
you so Bernie". �
He would be swinging from the bars on his belt in a week.

I like John's quote.. Obama lied and the Economy died...- Hide quoted text -

I would respectfully remind everyone that this financial mess started
while Bush had the helm. While he and his friends had the helm.....
for eight long years. And did little except trample our civil rights,
and allow the Wall Street Mob to do whatever they wished. So here we
are...Probably be better to concentrate our attention and efforts on
saving the future.
Senior Member

wrote:

[...]

saving the future.- Hide quoted text -

With all due respect, if you look at the numbers it only fell apart
after Pelosi and the corruptocrats took over. Remember, Dodd took more
money from Fannie and freddie AND AIG than any other congressman with
Obama in second for Fannie and Freddie and 4th for AIG... Do the math,
it doesn't lie.. Bush and McCain begged the corruptocrats to do
something about it but they were bought and paid for..

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:56:12 -0700 (PDT), Mike wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Barney and Chris were working for Bush?

"Mike" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

It started a lot further back than Bush, or Clinton, or Bush 1.