Default Lake boating

Several posters here seem really down on lake boating as if it isnt
"Real" boating. What a bizarre idea. Lake boating is different and
often better than on salt water, often the scenery is much better. We
learned to sail on Lake Guntersville in Alabama and although there
were never big swells, there were countless beautiful little coves to
anchor in. Yes, one can go offshore in salt water but there's nothing
interesting to see out there, all the interesting stuff is near
shore. Lake Lanier in the GA mountains looks really nice to drive
past and would probably be great for quiet coves. After being in salt
water for awhile, boating on fresh water is infinitely more refreshing.
HK HK is offline

Frogwatch wrote:
Several posters here seem really down on lake boating as if it isnt
"Real" boating. What a bizarre idea. Lake boating is different and
often better than on salt water, often the scenery is much better. We
learned to sail on Lake Guntersville in Alabama and although there
were never big swells, there were countless beautiful little coves to
anchor in. Yes, one can go offshore in salt water but there's nothing
interesting to see out there, all the interesting stuff is near
shore. Lake Lanier in the GA mountains looks really nice to drive
past and would probably be great for quiet coves. After being in salt
water for awhile, boating on fresh water is infinitely more refreshing.

I like lake boating. I use to boat a bit on some lakes in Connecticut,
and several lakes in Florida. I prefer salt water, though.

--
The morality police - the bloviating gas bags of the religious right -
have fallen lower than the stock market. It has truly been an amazing
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 19, 12:36*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Several posters here seem really down on lake boating *as if it isnt
"Real" boating. *What a bizarre idea. *Lake boating is different and
often better than on salt water, often the scenery is much better. *We
learned to sail on Lake Guntersville in Alabama and although there
were never big swells, there were countless beautiful little coves to
anchor in. *Yes, one can go offshore in salt water but there's nothing
interesting to see out there, all the interesting stuff is near
shore. *Lake Lanier in the GA mountains looks really nice to drive
past and would probably be great for quiet coves. *After being in salt
water for awhile, boating on fresh water is infinitely more refreshing.

I enjoy lake boating. 60 miles from me is a large lake. Lake Carlyle
in IL. in another direction is Ren Lake, thats about 75 mi. and in
another direction is Shelbyville lake which is large as well. Carlyle
is big enough that y9ou can stick a hundred boats out there, and you
rarely cross each others paths. Lots of coves and fishing too. If I go
45 mi. tpo the east I have the wabash river which is pretty good when
the water is up, and you can ski for better than 20 miles on calm
water. OR, 90 mi to the south of me is the Ohio river.

Locally there is a small lake (Omega) at Sam Parr state park which is
a nice little picnic lake that a person can do lots of skiing but you
travel in circles a lot. but during holiday time it's really crowded.
I like the bigger fresh water myself.
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
[...]

I hauled my SeaPro around a little in Florida, mostly to lakes where
there were bass and other fresh water species. I remember one trip to a
nearby lake where we saw some bald eagles. Great trip.

On Mar 19, 3:29*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Oh, you know how it is, if Harry doesn't do it, it's not worth doing.
Lake Lanier has some of the best bass fishing in the southeast, as
well as huge stripers. What is unique about the place is that it's
deep and mountainous, so there's cold water species as well as warm
water species. I'd like to see Harry be able to fish for trout,
sauger, pike, and Walleye in deep cold water, then go into the coves
and catch largemouth, spotted bass, white bass etc. in the warmer
water, run out to the middle of the lake, troll for huge stripers, all
in the same day. Can't do that just anywhere.

wrote in message

I'd like to see Harry be able to fish for trout,
sauger, pike, and Walleye in deep cold water, then go into the coves
and catch largemouth, spotted bass, white bass etc. in the warmer
water, run out to the middle of the lake, troll for huge stripers, all
in the same day. Can't do that just anywhere.

Harry's too busy fishing in rec.boats.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message

I'd like to see Harry be able to fish for trout,
sauger, pike, and Walleye in deep cold water, then go into the coves
and catch largemouth, spotted bass, white bass etc. in the warmer
water, run out to the middle of the lake, troll for huge stripers, all
in the same day. Can't do that just anywhere.

Harry's too busy fishing in rec.boats.

Eisboch

I don't fish for the Loogy Crapfish.

On Mar 19, 4:12*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:04:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Lake Lanier has some of the best bass fishing in the southeast, as
well as huge stripers. What is unique about the place is that it's
deep and mountainous, so there's cold water species as well as warm
water species. I'd like to see Harry be able to fish for trout,
sauger, pike, and Walleye in deep cold water, then go into the coves
and catch largemouth, spotted bass, white bass etc. in the warmer
water, run out to the middle of the lake, troll for huge stripers, all
in the same day. Can't do that just anywhere.

So you are inviting Harry to move on down to Lake Lanier?
That's very generous, and a bit of a surprise.
But I'm glad to see you extending the hand of friendship.
We need more of that here.

--Vic

Yes! I'd love to see him act the way he acts around these parts. He'd
get his fat ass beat daily.

Lake Boating and Mountain Lions Bryan General 7 August 13th 06 02:34 PM
boating on lake texoma wf3h General 0 July 26th 06 01:58 AM
Boating on Jackson Lake, Wyoming [email protected] General 1 July 22nd 06 06:14 AM
Lake Powell boating John H General 11 July 21st 05 04:59 AM
The 4th and boating.Lake Oroville. basskisser General 9 July 14th 03 06:24 PM