Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Aqua Loggers

Saw an episode of Axmen yesterday on the History Channel.
Sure better than their UFO and Bigfoot crap.
There's this guy who pulls sunken logs and the episode showed
him launching a barge-like boat from a dock into a river with good
current. Washington state somewhere.
First the engine dies right off - a 50hp Johnson I think.
He starts yelling at the whoever let the line from the dock loose and
completely lost his wits. Boat starts hitting the piles while he's
running around the barge bitching like a nervous Nelly.
Then a bit later there's the barge pilothouse hitting a bridge in the
river. Think it knocked it off but they cut the film.
Then when they get close to the log they're after the old guy doing
the diving to tie the log to the winch rope gets in the water.
He's huffing and puffing like a seal against the current and got about
10 feet from the boat before turning back because the current was too
strong.
I was laughing my ass off watching these guys.
Reminds me of some boat ramp scenes I've heard about.
They did get the log though.
It's a wonder more of these loggers don't get killed, especially
when they start boating. You probably don't want a logger driving
your boat. Sure as hell don't want one in charge of safety.

--Vic

AQUA MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 5 January 29th 09 03:34 AM
BE - Aqua fun PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 0 September 16th 08 06:16 AM
BE - Aqua fun PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 0 December 9th 07 09:07 PM
aqua-vu for trolling mark s General 10 March 25th 04 01:24 PM
Loggers! Bobsprit ASA 2 August 27th 03 03:57 PM