Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Ping: gfretwell - Estero River

Took a ride this afternoon in the runabout and thought I'd give the
river a try since it was about half tide or so. I got about as far as
what appeared to be a tide guage on the right side made from white PVC
pipes, stayed close to that shore until past the pipes and then
started slanting across to the north towards what looked like another
PVC pipe on the opposite side, ran out of water almost immediately but
was able to back off and turn around. It was starting to get late so
exercised the "discretion instead of valor" option and headed back
home. That is some gnarly navigational challenge you've got there.
:-)

Looking at the leepa.org pix in the comfort of my office, it looks
like I should have stayed south a bit longer before slanting north?